Manager, Disclosure, Capital Market Systems
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres’ newly created Capital Markets Systems Program consolidates Ceres’ work on critical market levers that will help scale the transition to sustainable capital markets. The program works to (1) promote sustainable governance by corporate boards, and (2) press stock exchanges, securities regulators and other supranational bodies to mandate or otherwise encourage sustainability disclosure.
The CMS Program is seeking a Manager of Disclosure to support the sustainability disclosure work streams. The Manager will work with the Director, Disclosure and other team members to drive and implement projects, manage critical relationships with investors and other stakeholders, contribute to strategy development and thought leadership in this space, and help coordinate related efforts internally.
We’re seeking applicants who demonstrate a passion for accelerating and expanding the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. The Manager needs to be a savvy project and relationship manager, effective communicator and strategic thinker who can help develop and further Ceres’s strategies to increase sustainability disclosures that are both ‘decision friendly’ to global investors and useful management tools for the companies that produce them.
This full-time position will be based in Boston or San Francisco. It reports to the Director, Disclosure, Capital Market Systems. The Capital Market Systems team is based in Boston.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with the Director, Disclosure to drive the Investor Initiative on Sustainable Exchanges, a Ceres program focused on leveraging the power of stock exchanges to drive sustainability disclosure as well as other sustainability disclosure efforts.
• Run a global campaign to get stock exchanges engaged on sustainability performance and disclosure, including advocacy with key parties and critical stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including stock exchanges, investors and other partners
• Manage/support key initiatives for the implementation of program goals, including organizing investor sign-on initiatives, webinars, speaking engagements and events
• Manage/support the development of research, benchmarking and thought leadership on corporate sustainability disclosure
• Coordinate with the Capital Markets team on other disclosure-related program areas, including engaging securities regulators on sustainability disclosure
• Contribute to the Disclosure team’s reports, monthly newsletter, and op-eds and other publications as needed
• Track ongoing developments in the stock exchange space
• Manage interns/intern projects
• Help organize bi-weekly cross organizational meetings on disclosure
• Support foundation fundraising for Ceres’ disclosure initiatives, including providing writing and logistical support, tracking impact, developing talking points
• Support the CMS team efforts broadly as needed, including support for the annual Ceres conference, Ceres Investor Network meetings, and others as necessary
• Master degree in business, environment, law or public policy or related field preferred, with five (5) years of related work experience. Bachelor degree, with over five (5) years of relevant work experience, acceptable.
• Three (3) years or more of direct experience working on sustainability and corporate responsibility issues in the corporate, investor and/or non-profit sectors.
• Experience working with stock exchanges and/ or investors, is a plus.
• Sophisticated knowledge and understanding of corporate sustainability frameworks. Knowledge of sustainability disclosure frameworks and/ or corporate governance systems is a plus.
• Experience in North American context is required, coupled with an understanding of the broader international context for sustainability
• Project management experience, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences
• Team player who likes working in a collaborative and fast paced environment
• Effective facilitation skills with the ability to bring divergent ideas to a productive conclusion
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation
• Proven leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor the skills and effectiveness of other team members
• Demonstrated advocacy skills
• Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying to this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz