Pax World Management LLC, investment adviser to Pax World Funds, and a pioneer in the field of Sustainable Investing, is seeking an Investment Operations Associate. In this role, you will: work under pressure in a deadline driven environment, produce accurate and timely information independently, drive results, and have 1-4 years of applicable experience in back office operations. You will handle complex multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, be flexible as business needs change and handle ad-hoc requests from various team members. You will also attend to day-to-day details while maintaining a strategic, analytical focus on the big picture.
• Report directly to the Director of Equity Trading and work as part of a small team focused on back office operations and trading while interacting daily with all areas of the firm.
• Be responsible for all aspects of trade support/operations of daily trades flowing into the back-office operations.
• Ensure equity and fixed income trade allocations are accurate and settled within all necessary systems and reconciled daily across multiple strategies.
• Review and analyze various system reports to identify and resolve trade discrepancies proactively and independently with custodians within settlement timelines.
• Ensure compliance with established regulatory and operational procedures.
• Troubleshoot all open/unresolved issues and perform daily cash reconciliations of cash and holdings at the custodian banks. Investigate, analyze and resolve quickly any differences between custodian banks, clearing organization and firm’s records.
• Assist in order entry of fixed income and equity trades.
• Preparation of daily reports.
• Support investment initiatives through ownership of, or active participation in, large and/or complex projects, new initiatives, process reviews and/or system improvements.
• Potential for the right person to back-up the trader and assist in equity executions.
• High ethical standards.
• 1-4 years of related experience in back/middle office with a financial institution or fund administrator.
• BS/BA degree in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or related field.
• Strong analytical and technical skills including robust Excel experience.
• Knowledge of Trade Order Management Systems a plus.
• Desire to learn the ins and outs of both the trading and operations departments.
• Ability to understand risks and react accordingly, adaptable to change.
• Ability to handle stress and make sound decisions under pressure.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
Pax World integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) research into its investment process to better manage risk and deliver competitive long-term investment performance. For over 45 years, Pax World has made it possible for investors to align their investments with their values and have a positive social and environmental impact. Today, its platform of sustainable investing solutions includes a family of mutual funds, as well as separately managed accounts.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and professional work environment.
Pax World provides competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter to Janet Lawton Spates, VP Human Resources. Please include “Investment Operations-greenbiz” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.