Job Title: Greenhealth Management Sustainability Director
Location: Remote-capable position
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer, Greenhealth Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: Full-time; 100% Greenhealth Management
Posting Date: September 27, 2019
Closing Date: October 25, 2019, 10 AM, ET
Together with several leading U.S. health systems, Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth launched Greenhealth Exchange, the first green purchasing cooperative that facilitates the procurement of products and services that are good for people and the planet.
Health Care Without Harm seeks to transform the health sector worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. With offices on four continents and partners around the world, Health Care Without Harm is leveraging the health sector’s expertise, purchasing power, political clout, workforce development, and moral authority to create the conditions for healthy people, communities, and the environment.
Working closely with Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, is the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care, delivering environmental solutions to more than 1,300 members throughout the United States.
Provides strategic direction for sustainable attribution for Greenhealth Exchange (GX) product portfolio. Identifies appropriate subject matter experts (SME) for each area of interest, product category and potential supplier. Orchestrates the input of multiple and varied subject matter experts in determining the necessary and relevant sustainability criteria for product categories. Coordinates SMEs and member stakeholders to develop a plan that supports the Greenhealth Exchange contracting activity. Supports Greenhealth Exchange’s Vice President of Contracting in working with hospital members. Develops and leads member groups as needed to implement key initiatives. Acts as a liaison between Greenhealth Exchange, Practice Greenhealth (PGH), and Health Care Without Harm’s (HCWH) subject matter experts and facilitates communication between all organizations. Assesses the healthcare market for emerging trends in sustainability and environmental issues, keeping Greenhealth Exchange and its members abreast of relevant issues.
• Spearheads the product category attribution development.
• Coordinates the efforts of various subject matter experts and the members in developing environmental and sustainability criteria.
• Works collaboratively with the Vice President of Contracting.
• Aides in operationalizing product vetting and branding initiatives
• Develops a clear understanding and working knowledge of Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth’ s mission, strategy and direction that enables a cohesive work plan.
• Play an active role in the Procurement Coordination Team, which determines the cross-company’s direction and strategy for environmentally preferred purchasing (EPP) and maintains communication between HCWH, PGH and GX to eliminate redundant or conflicting work.
• Directs the sustainability initiatives within Greenhealth Exchange.
• Aids in strategic planning and goal setting for Greenhealth Exchange and the contract portfolio.
• Spearhead the activities necessary to ensure product portfolio is as “green” as possible and aligned with Health Care Without Harm standards.
• Works with suppliers to review their products against required criteria and determines if products meet the defined requirements.
• Act as spokesperson for GX suppliers and members on environmental and sustainability issues.
• Develop and coordinate the communication plan between PGH, HCWH and outside subject matter experts to ensure a cohesive message regarding product attributes and contracting activity.
• Develops education programming to drive contract participation by GX members and by all healthcare organizations where a product is branded/licensed
• Assists in the development of content for member/marketing materials that illustrate the benefits of GX products from a sustainability perspective that helps compel participants to implement GX contracts.
Job-Specific Competencies Required:
• Excellent understanding of environmental purchasing practices.
• Good understanding of supply chain processes.
• Knowledge of sustainability, preferably related to health care.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to think strategically and globally.
• Proven track record in facilitation of multi-faceted teams and programs.
• Ability to work on Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Google products.
• Ability to manage time effectively and juggle priorities.
• Minimum Education: BA or BS, Master’s preferred.
• Minimum Experience: 8 years’ experience in sustainability programs, green procurement, health care and/or program management
• Preferred Experience/Expertise: Large entity green procurement experience and/or significant (8+ years) experience in the health care industry involved in sustainability and supply chain.
What’s In It For You?
• Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring and your colleagues are passionate and motivated.
• Work with staff that care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
• Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
• Be part of an inspirational eclectic network.
• Fantastic benefits!
To Apply or Inquire
Health Care Without Harm/ Practice Greenhealth/ Greenhealth Management are committed to seeking and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. Health Care Without Harm/ Practice Greenhealth/ Greenhealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, upload a cover letter and resume to Anna Fox, Chief Operating Officer, to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/...ility-Director
. Questions can be addressed to email@example.com
. Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. Position open through Friday, October 25, 2019, 10 AM, ET.