Global Sustainability Program Manager - Splunk for Good
San Jose, CA San Francisco, CA McLean, VA Plano, TX Seattle, WA
At Splunk, we believe that data can make for better business and a better world. Through Splunk for Good, we work with community partners to use real data to power real social change. From the $100 million Splunk Pledge and our $50 million Social Impact Investment Fund, to community volunteering and partnerships with organizations across sectors, our mission is to inspire action and create opportunity through people, partners, and data.
Splunk for Good is looking for a Global Sustainability Program Manager to design and build our corporate sustainability program.
New and exciting global movements are helping to redefine the role of corporations. Interest is rising in “environmental, social, and governance” (ESG) metrics and reporting among investors. Employees are increasingly selecting employers based on their commitment to community. Sustainability is now a critical consideration for all leading companies. Together with our partners, customers, and employees, Splunk has an opportunity to help drive these conversations and to build frameworks and technology tools that are “fit for purpose.”
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
As Splunk’s Global Sustainability Program Manager, you will be a key member of the Splunk for Good team within the Global Affairs organization, contributing to corporate impact strategy and leading implementation of initiatives to strengthen the company's ESG and sustainability efforts in collaboration with functions across the organization.
You will play a critical role in the design, implementation and scaling of a best-in-class, data-driven sustainability strategy and program for Splunk. We are seeking a creative, passionate and results-oriented leader to drive awareness and adoption through programs and initiatives that will position Splunk as a leader in the rapidly-changing sustainability landscape.
Here's the opportunity:
- Drive Splunk's corporate materiality assessment, including stakeholder interviews, strategy development, and program design and development.
- Design and execute best-in-class sustainability reporting that incorporates metrics addressing ESG (environmental, social, governance) and global frameworks such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Work across the business to build innovative initiatives that engage, enable, and drive adoption of best-in-class sustainability practices.
- Collaborate with industry leaders to develop new technology solutions to critical sustainability challenges across sectors.
- Develop a unique point of view through a variety of content (e.g. blogs, conferences and events, social media, marketing) to demonstrate how Splunk is using data to drive sustainable business.
- Work with customers, partners, and leading global advocacy organizations to build new sustainability solutions using Splunk software.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5-7 years of experience in program management and/or experience in an analytical role such as consulting, strategy, operations or related expertise
- In-depth knowledge of key sustainability leaders, initiatives and frameworks such as the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals, Circular Economy, Science Based Targets, Greenhouse Gas inventory.
- Excellent communication skills to convey a clear view and vision, collaborate with senior executives, and communicate clearly across global teams. Exceptional written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with staff, consultants, vendors and other stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional working relationship across sectors, functions and geographies. Adept at synthesizing competing inputs from multiple partners.
- Creative problem solving to develop collaborative solutions across diverse stakeholders.
- Interest and ability to learn and understand the application of new technologies to intractable problems.
- Proven analytical skills, with experience processing large amounts of data and information to derive insights, find patterns and develop actionable plans.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or Master’s degree a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz