Retroficiency – Recently acquired by Ecova
Retroficiency is the building efficiency intelligence company for utilities and energy service providers. Our proprietary software platform creates a unique energy model of any building to provide actionable insights that enable the fastest, most cost-effective way to target buildings, engage customers, convert projects and track opportunities at scale. Our Building Efficiency Intelligence platform is trusted by leading organizations worldwide to improve their energy efficiency programs and services.
As a Front End Web Engineer at Retroficiency, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with the latest technologies. You will play a key role in helping us design and deploy SaaS cloud-based products that are innovative and unique in our industry.
We are looking for a talented, experienced web engineer comfortable with modern libraries, build tools, workflow, front end design patterns and responsive design. Development occurs in an Agile, continuous integration environment. You will report to the VP of Software.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Work closely with UX designers and Back-End engineers to develop and implement robust client-side solutions
• Work closely with Building Energy domain experts to translate product requirements into innovative web UI interfaces and components
• Use object-oriented design patterns for separation of concerns and code reusability
• Use HTML/CSS/JS along with modern frameworks such as Bootstrap and AngularJS.
• Security and performance considerations are a constant requirement
• Design and develop features requiring third-party components, sometimes requiring creativity and resourcefulness to effectively solve challenging product requirements
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Translate agile software development stories into reusable units of functionality.
• Ability to estimate level of effort and prototype as necessary
• Other duties as directed
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The front-end software engineer will have at least 2 years of relevant experience. We're innovating continuously on all levels and we will be looking for you to do the same, as we are on a mission to fundamentally change the world! Additional desired attributes include:
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
• At least two years of experience in developing responsive, web-based applications
• NodeJS experience is ideal but not required
• Expertise in developing single page applications using techniques including front-end routing, and client-side templates
• Practical knowledge of web page optimization techniques and guidelines for fast page load times
• Experience working in Linux in a SaaS environment desirable
• Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience
• Ability to communicate to all user levels (internal and external), demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and be adaptable and proactive; willing to take ownership
• Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards
• Driven, decisive, and an unrelenting desire to challenge the status quo, resulting in global domination
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/944yrph2bd
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz