The Financial Analyst updates and improves our corporate model, rolling up project level assumptions to strategically inform management of capital deployment timing and optimization. This position will assist in completing presentations, reports and analysis on actual and forecasted financial information; prepare financial materials to support strategic planning; assist in preparation of various presentations to be utilized by senior management as necessary; and perform other financial and business analysis including cash flow sensitivity and other analysis to identify financial impacts of business strategies. Works closely with the Corporate Finance group in completing analysis requests from senior leadership.
Hours: Full Time
Department: Corporate Finance
• Build, utilize, and maintain corporate financial model with detailed project model inputs; including tax equity, debt financing, sell-down scenarios, and operating project cash flows
• Perform project level debt modeling including cost and tenor
• Consolidate capital requirements for sponsor and construction equity
• Perform strategic modeling around optimal financing structures
• Perform renewable energy policy modeling; including direct pay, carbon tax, and other models
• Primary support for Corporate Finance team, managing priorities and developing cost analysis that drive cost improvements in the business.
• Assist in preparation of various presentations for senior management. Reconcile actual information and prepare analysis explaining differences to budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual plan and provide all financial information required related to tax equity investments.
• Work collaboratively across Apex business teams related to financial modeling
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
To succeed as a Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related academic field
• The ideal candidate has experience in complex financing modeling in the renewable energy sector, a problem-solving mindset, can efficiently manage multiple priorities, and keeps the big picture of Apex’s best interests and strategy in mind
• Certification or advanced degree such as MBA, CFA, or CPA beneficial
• 1-3 years prior experience modeling tax equity either at a renewable energy company, banking institution, infrastructure fund, or similar company preferred but not required
• 1-3 years related work experience in financial forecasting, financial modeling, and/or financial analysis preferred
• Knowledgeable of renewable energy project economics (specifically wind, solar and storage), tax equity, and related incentive systems
• Strong working knowledge around renewable energy finance, project finance, and tax equity
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to utilize advanced modeling techniques in order to automate model functionality
• Ability to sensitize and strategize optimum capital deployment across projects
• Strong financial and analytical skills; knowledge of financial analysis methods and tools
• Analytical skills to effectively monitor developments in forecasted and actual data and the ability to draw logical conclusions from analysis
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects concurrently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Strong preference for those willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz