Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an experienced, engaging, and very organized individual to serve as executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate, who will have solid prior experience supporting a senior executive (or comparable experience), will routinely provide administrative support to the CEO and, where appropriate, act as a trusted surrogate to further solutions on behalf of the CEO.
This is a full-time exempt position based in our Boston office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Handling logistics for meetings between the CEO and inside as well as outside parties, such as potential individual donors, foundations, colleagues, politicians, adversaries, etc.; may need at times to serve as “diplomat” to persuade outside parties to attend meetings.
2. Serving as first responder to and occasionally troubleshooter for requests directed to the CEO from staff.
3. Proactively managing and supporting the schedule of the CEO.
4. Supporting the Board of Trustees, including scheduling Board meetings, taking minutes during Board meetings, supporting specific Board committees (e.g., the Governance Committee), and proactively serving as a liaison between Board members and the CEO.
5. Handling routine administrative support needs for the CEO, such as drafting memos, taking messages from callers, coordinating travel reservations, etc.
1. At least five years of experience providing administrative support to C-suite or other senior executives or comparable experience, preferably but not essentially, in a nonprofit environment.
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
3. Very strong critical listening and thinking skills; top-notch interpersonal, writing, organizing, phone and basic office skills.
4. Demonstrated penchant for problem-solving and taking the initiative; evidence of good judgment and history of high productivity.
5. Demonstrated capacity to work well both autonomously and as part of a team.
6. Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
* * * * * *
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders — in statehouses, courthouses and boardrooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings — to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume entitled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter entitled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please make “Executive Assistant” the subject of your e-mail. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.