Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant to our Chief Operating Officer (COO) should be highly organized, energetic, and a go-getter to assist executive level staff at Ceres. The role supports the Chief Operating Officer and by extension, the COO Team. This full-time position, based on our Boston office, provides a combination of administrative and programmatic support.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support the COO, Senior Manager, Planning & Evaluation and Ceres Leadership Team, in integrating programmatic priorities across the organization;
• Support the COO in setting agendas for weekly Leadership Team meetings and bi-weekly Staff Updates report and meetings;
• Support the COO in meetings, including taking minutes and ensuring appropriate follow up from the meetings
• Support the COO with scheduling, travel logistics and expense reports, fundraising engagements, and team meetings;
• Act as primary point of contact for COO; prioritize phone calls and correspondence, determine actions and ensure follow-through of activities to completion.
• Schedule appointments to synchronize with the President’s office calendar
• Work closely with the Senior Manager, Planning & Evaluation to help develop and manage program support systems, including organization-wide tools and resources for annual planning, activity/events and deliverable tracking, and calendars
• Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, processing reimbursements, and sending correspondence;
• Provide support to COO Team for any activities related to Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit and other organization-wide events such as the Annual All Staff Meeting
• Serve as Salesforce database point person for team and provide data entry support
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Bachelor degree, required.
• Minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
• Professional demeanor and strong communications skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience as an assistant to a senior executive a plus.
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation.
• Excellent research and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to synthesize information and implement findings in various situations
• Knowledge or experience with environment, climate change or sustainability issues preferred – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs a plus.
• Strong verbal skills
• Highly developed writing skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Maturity to manage confidential information
• Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, Google Docs, presentation, database, email, and computer applications
• Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres and INCR before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, list of three references,and two writing samples, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz