Events & Outreach Fellow (volunteer)
Take on a hybrid position, which interfaces with both Save The Bay’s Development and Communications Teams! Help plan and publicize networking and fundraising events. Gain hands-on experience in professional networking, fundraising, event planning, and online communications. Support our efforts to cultivate relationships with donors, corporate contacts, corporate employee affinity groups, and grassroots community partners, and research prospective community partners.
There are four opportunities each year for Outreach & Events Fellows to join our team:
1. Spring: February – April inclusive
2. Summer: May – July inclusive
3. Fall: Aug – Oct inclusive
4. Winter: Nov – Jan – inclusive
The Events & Outreach Fellow will:
• Obtain a greater understanding of the fundraising and event industry by working with our Development and Communications team on both public and private events geared towards expanding Save The Bay’s network and impact
• Provide support in the production and execution of Bay Day – our individual and corporate donor event on Saturday, Oct.6, 2018
• Help develop and maintain a volunteer recruitment plan for annual events and outreach/networking opportunities
• Conduct outreach to individual donors and cultivate meaningful relationships via handwritten letters and thank you cards, personal phone calls, and emails
The Events & Outreach Fellow will also work collaboratively with the Marketing/Communications Team to produce event specific content for online communications, which enhances social media engagement and creates content for Save The Bay’s blog. The Fellow will gain valuable experience in professional writing, data entry, event planning, marketing and digital communications. Fellows make an 8-16 week commitment and are expected to work at least 24 hours per week. Transportation reimbursement is available.
• Enthusiasm for protecting and restoring San Francisco Bay, and Save The Bay’s mission and programs
• Outgoing personality, comfortable with meeting new people, answering the phone, and presenting a professional face for the organization
• Experience and/or interest in event planning and fundraising
• Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to complete tasks independently
• Ability to commit an average of 20-24 hours per week during normal business hours over a 12-16 week period
• Willing to travel locally around the Bay Area
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
• Able to lift at least 25 lbs
• Summer Session: Preferred available from the beginning of May through the end of July.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Please review our website to find information on session dates and application periods for all of our Fellowship opportunities.