Event Sales Manager
Posted Jul 22
As one of the nation’s oldest and largest Victorian greenhouses, Phipps provides the perfect location for any special event. Phipps is seeking a full-time Event Sales Manager to oversee the rentals program for high end client events, as well as to develop sales strategy, meeting and exceeding sales goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote, schedule, and oversee all aspects of rentals, including weddings, corporate events, and other social events.
- Manage client relationships and coordinate all event details.
- Focus on sales and marketing strategies for increasing revenues.
- Manage and train a team of full-time and part-time events staff.
- Develop and implement department policies and research best practices to uphold the highest quality and industry trends.
The qualified candidate must have exceptional guest service and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A Bachelor's degree and minimum of three years' experience in events, sales and management required, experience in a museum setting is preferred. Evening and weekend hours required. Phipps offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and unique atmosphere.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary history or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, One Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. No telephone calls, please.
For more information about Phipps, please visit our website: www.phipps.conservatory.org.
Phipps Conservatory is an equal opportunity employer.