CtW Investment Group
Job Title: ESG (environmental, social and governance) Research and Engagement Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
About CtW Investment Group:
The CtW Investment Group leads corporate governance initiatives that protect worker retirement fund beneficiaries' economic interests in the financial markets by creating an effective voice for corporate accountability.
The CtW Investment Group's accountability efforts enhance environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) performance by ensuring independent and accountable directors, reasonable executive compensation, and sound environmental, human capital management, and other business policies. Examples of prominent initiatives led by CtW Investment Group include those at Chipotle, JPMorgan, and Hewlett-Packard.
The CtW Investment Group is part of Change to Win (CtW) that works with unions representing more than five million workers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Members of CtW affiliated unions participate in pension funds with over $250 billion in assets.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist with ESG analysis, research, and engagement
• Help with media outreach and development of the Investment Group's social media profile
• Work with pension fund trustees and staff, other institutional shareholders, and the broader ESG investment community
• Analyze data on industries, companies, individuals, federal and state policies
• Draft and help prepare reports, letters, and presentations
• Represent the CtW Investment Group in external and internal forums
• Perform other duties as required to support the CtW Investment Group
• Excellent writing, political, communication and organizational skills
• Advanced degree or BA or BS plus equivalent job experience required in economics, business, finance, labor relations, legal or related fields;
• Minimum of three years (3) work experience with labor, financial, public interest or governmental organizations; advocacy to improve the environmental, social, and corporate governance performance of companies; familiarity with corporate transactions, finance, and executive compensation analysis a plus
• A strong commitment to social justice
• Ability to think critically and analytically and use sound judgment
• Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines, work independently, and take initiative
• Good computers skills, including spreadsheet and presentation software, database management systems, and on-line information sources.
• Interested in learning and developing new skills
• Willingness to travel, sometimes work long and irregular hours
People of color and women are strongly urged to apply. CtW Investment Group does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/yj37dn4njx344cs3
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz