CDP is a leading international charity founded 16 years ago to address the dangerous threat of climate change. It has since grown to become the world's foremost system for companies and cities to report on carbon emissions, water stewardship and deforestation. We operate key hubs in London, New York and Berlin with other representation in the rest of Europe, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India and China. CDP North America (CDP NA) is an independent 501(c)3 charity, based in New York, which works in close association with other members of the CDP operation throughout the world. For more information on CDP, please visit our website: www.cdp.net.
CDP NA is seeking an individual to manage our corporate disclosure program for North America. He/she must be well-versed with CDP, and have experience in sales, as well as client, staff and project management. The position is based in our New York office, and will report to the VP of Disclosure Services.
In 2017, more than 1,000 North American corporations will be requested to disclose to CDP’s climate change, water and/or forests programs by several hundred institutional investors. This includes companies that have not yet disclosed to CDP, as well as those that are highly engaged and disclose to multiple programs (climate, water, forests). The Manager will lead a small team of 2 full-time staff and 2 interns, to:
- Develop and implement an engagement strategy that drives more and better quality disclosures from corporations. This includes working closely with CDP’s investor initiatives and supply chain teams, as well as industry associations and other external stakeholders to identify and best leverage the influence of each group to further disclosure.
- Work with the heads of CDP’s various initiatives, including Commit to Action and our supply chain membership to develop and implement a corporate outreach strategy that fosters greater partnerships between companies and these initiatives
- Directly manage relationships with approximately 200 companies in one or more of the following sectors: Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Health Care, Industrials, Materials, and/or Transportation
- Engage with individuals at a range of seniority levels, focused on a variety of topics including natural resource disclosure, corporate sustainability, socially-responsible investing and carbon accounting
- Prepare and deliver presentations to external audiences on the value of CDP
- Provide guidance and support to all CDP NA staff on engaging with external stakeholders on the value of disclosing to CDP
- A university degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with resistant parties, and to pitch services
- Client management experience
- Experience leading a team and motivating others
- Understanding of the business implications represented by climate change, water and deforestation to corporations
- Familiarly with GRI, DJSI and other ways in which companies report environmental information
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work
- The desire and ability to innovate and streamline processes to better and more efficiently achieve program goals, rather than follow the status quo
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard
Benefits: 24 days vacation, generous 401k package
Eligibility requirements: The candidate will be expected to work full time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week) and must be able to work legally in the US. He/she must also be based in the New York City area.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com
. Please express your interest and suitability in the body of the email, attach a resume, and use the following subject line: CDP NA DST Engagement Manager – [First Name Last Name]
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through September 23, 2016, or longer if the position is not yet filled. The anticipated start date is mid to late October.