Since its inception in 1999, Community Energy has led the development and construction of more than 1,500 MW of wind and solar generating facilities. Community Energy brings a long track record of successful project development, renewable energy marketing, innovative financing, and public policy support for renewable energy. With development offices in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Boulder, Colorado, and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Community Energy develops projects in all regions of the country. Community Energy has developed over 700 MW of solar in 15 states through 2016. For more information please visit http://www.communityenergyinc.com
Community Energy is currently seeking a new team member to lead origination of battery storage opportunities and project development. This position will be responsible for originating small battery storage pilot project opportunities behind-the-meter with customers in the Eastern US and seeing the projects through to commercial operation, including leading selection of technology and integration. Successfully completing pilot projects will require significant front-end research and development to optimize project financial returns based on utility and RTO tariffs, project location and cost. Following completion of the pilot projects, this position offers the opportunity for advancement through expansion of the energy storage business and scaled up project development.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in clean energy sales and/or development
• Demonstrated track record of originating and closing deals
• Demonstrated technical aptitude in clean energy technology
• Experience reading and understanding utility and RTO tariffs
• Willingness/ability to travel 30% of the time
• Professional presence and strong communication skills
• Ability to perform at a high level with significant autonomy
• Experience in the energy storage business, behind-the-meter solar development and/or demand response
Please email cover letter and resumé. Email subject should read “Energy Storage Origination and Development”.
Determined salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Our selection ultimately depends on finding the right person to join the team. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references and verification of legal right to work in the U.S. Community Energy Solar, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.