The Energy Marketing Specialist works under supervision from the Manager of Energy Communications and has a wide range of responsibilities related to the implementation of marketing, communications, and media efforts for Monterey Bay Community Power (MBCP).
The Energy Marketing Specialist assists the MBCP Marketing and Communications team by aiding in the execution and tracking of marketing, communications, and social media strategies. The Energy Marketing Specialist supports, social media campaigns and upkeep, branding/collateral design, print projects, energy programs promotion, participation in public events, website maintenance, mailers, and the customer enrollment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
• Strong writing and organization skills will benefit all aspects of the Energy Marketing Specialist’s essential duties and responsibilities
• Support Marketing and Communications team by scheduling collateral design projects, coordinating with outside graphic designer and printer, making draft designs available to MBCP staff for review and communicating edits to designer/printer.
• Support Manager of Energy Communications by scheduling design updates and delivery of mailers by coordinating with outside graphic designer and printer, making draft designs available to MBCP staff for review and communicating edits to designer/printer.
• Assists with and initiates the planning and implementation of a wide variety of public-facing initiatives including print and social media, community outreach events, customer notifications and enrollment, and longer-term public affairs efforts.
• Work with Marketing and Communications team to coordinate monthly e-newsletter and quarterly agency updates.
• Initiates investigation of new opportunities to build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for account and Agency growth.
• Supports the preparation and delivery of presentations to various community groups and local organizations.
• Participates, on occasion, in public events to distribute information about MBCP and interact with members of the public.
• Assists Manager of Energy Communications in the customer notification and enrollment process as needed.
• Initiates the organizing of local photoshoots and other public campaign support.
• Drafts regular e-newsletters and other “push communications”.
• Drafts power point presentations and documents for presentations and press/public information packets.
• This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge and abilities listed. Typically, equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, public affairs or a related field and at least 2 years of experience in the implementation of marketing and communications efforts.
• The mission and goals of MBCP, its electric service options and customer programs
• The Community Choice Energy model and how it differs from the traditional investor-owned utility model
• Principles, techniques and methods of public information and education, integrated marketing communication, community and media relations and public education
• Operational characteristics and activities necessary for effective on-the-ground community outreach
• Best practices for event planning
• Best practices and techniques of social media marketing
• E-mail marketing platforms such as Constant Contact
• Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat and Adobe InDesign
• Diverse communities and cultures located along the California’s Central Coast
• Work independently and perform without direct supervision
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally; ability to speak and write Spanish a plus
• Interact effectively with the public, MBCP customers, the press, various contractors and MBCP staff
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons encountered in the performance of duties
• Manage projects and time efficiently
• Be detail oriented and to multi-task when needed
• Resolve issues quickly and effectively
• Manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate team efforts
• Work accurately and swiftly under pressure
• Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those required for the position. Position requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, and twisting in the performance of daily activities. The position requires hand manipulation and repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. The position requires near and far vision in reading reports and use of a computer. Acute hearing is required in supporting meetings and providing phone and in-person customer service. The position occasionally requires lifting and/or moving objects up to 25 pounds. MBCP will make reasonable accommodation of the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified application with a disability upon request.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver’s license or the ability to provide alternate transportation as approved by the CEO and a safe driving record.
Location and Compensation:
This position will operate out of MBCP’s headquarters Monterey. This is a non-exempt position with an hourly wage equivalent to an annual salary up to $39.13 an hour, commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is also offered as part of this non-exempt position.
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit an application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references via the link below:
Following the filing date, resumes will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this brochure and the class specification. Candidates deemed to have the most relevant qualifications will proceed with the selection process which may include a written examination, oral presentation, oral interview, or a combination.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz