Energy & Environment Associate
Posted Mar 06
This position supports both the Sr. Vice President for Environment and the Vice President for Energy.
The scope of duties for the Associate includes, but is not limited to the following.
Legislative and regulatory support:
- Monitor key legislation and report on key issues, dates, and actions needed
- Research and prepare policy briefs and collect comments from member companies
- Collaborate with member companies in order to research and prepare comments on regulatory matters, particularly in the energy space
- Represent the Leadership Group and our members at regulatory/legislative hearings, workshops or stakeholder meetings
Policy Committee support:
- Develop committee meeting agendas
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Distribute meeting announcements, agenda, notes, and minutes
- Assist and follow up on committee priority development and strategic planning
- Project and program management:
- Engage directly with members on project implementation and legislation, and monitor, track, and report on progress
- Market and provide project and program status updates to Leadership Group members
- Coordinate and communicate tasks, opportunities, or issues to partner organizations
- Recruit and manage volunteers that support the Energy and Environment team’s work
- Assist in special event planning, including:
- Speaker outreach, recruitment, and management
- Event marketing/outreach
- Program and other collateral creation
- Sponsor and partner engagement
- Program development
- Support regional, state, and/or federal advocacy trips through agenda development, material preparation, and staffing
Silicon Valley Leadership Group operations:
- Engagement in Leadership Group community events such as the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
- Support organizational meetings and events, including some early morning and evening functions
- Manage relations with existing member companies and recruit new member companies
- Elected official and community engagement:
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with a community in Silicon Valley
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with an elected official
The successful candidate for this position will have most of the following characteristics:
- Self-starter; able to work independently (Required)
- Able to develop a rapport with member company representatives and partner organizations (Required)
- Manage time and priorities with sometimes shifting demands (Required)
- Detail oriented (Required)
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Comfortable representing the organization at events, forums and meetings (Required)
- Have strong “office” skills – proficiency with office tools and technology (Required)
- Able to work in fast-paced and collaborative environment (Required)
- Understanding of the major players in the California environment and energy space (Preferred)
- Familiarity with web design and social media (Preferred)
- Experience in public policy (Preferred)
- Have familiarity with California legislative and regulatory organization and process (Preferred)
- Knowledge of California and/or federal environmental and energy policy (Preferred)
- A college degree with some education in or familiarity with; science, energy issues, and/or environmental issues (Preferred)
Salary range and hiring level: $52,000-58,000.
This position may be filled at the Senior Associate level, dependent upon the preferred candidate’s skill and prior experience.
Benefits: The benefits package includes paid holidays; twelve days annual accrued vacation; dental, long term disability and life insurance coverage for the employee fully paid by employer; medical with partial employee contribution; 401K plan participation after waiting period, and Ecopass.
Deadline for Applications: March 24, 2017
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a 1-2 page resume by March 24, 2017.