The Energy and Sustainability Program Manager develops and executes District-wide energy and sustainability programs and initiatives to address construction and operational issues in energy use, resource conservation, pollution, waste reduction, and reliance on landfills
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing the management and analysis of the District's energy usage patterns, utility rate schedules, and the cost impact of inflation and rate increase.
• Developing, preparing, and administering the District's utility budget.
• Managing sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with
policies, standards, laws, and environmental or governmental regulations.
• Overseeing the analysis and negotiations of regulatory affairs and rate
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor's degree in environmental studies, urban planning, construction management, architecture, engineering, energy management, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field. Advanced degrees in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field is preferable
Five years of experience administering major programs or projects in water or energy conservation, sustainability, or energy management, preferably within a school district or other public agency. Two years of the required experience must have been at the supervisory level.
The following work experience and accreditation are preferable:
• Experience managing projects or programs regulated by state or federal environmental/sustainability issues
• Experience with the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
• LEED Professional Accreditation by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI)
• Professional designation as a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred.
A valid California Driver License and the availability of private transportation, or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation
***Please refer to Job Bulletin on the TASB website for complete details and instructions***
Paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS)
Vacation: 24 days of paid vacation
Paid Holidays: 12 days
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz