Are you interested in a permanent, full time, union-represented engineering position within an innovative team oriented environment? Are you seeking a stable position with a comprehensive benefits package including 37 days of paid time off each year, 95% employer funded premium healthcare, 100% employer funded retirement plan, and 70% off of tuition for you, dependent children, and your spouse or domestic partner? Is working for an organization committed to sustainability? Then look no further!
PSU’s Capital Projects & Construction department is hiring an Electrical Engineer to provide design and project management services for a wide range of electrical projects with various budget types on campus, including our many LEED Gold certified buildings. The Electrical Engineer investigates and prepares construction documents and related reports for complex engineering design feasibility studies and investigations, and oversees third party engineering consultants.
This position supports other project managers, consults with staff on the development of new facilities, and participates in selecting consultants by reviewing and approving designs and administering contracts for project implementation. In addition to project management and electrical design, this position also works with staff on all program related issues which requires writing status reports, reviewing electrical safety programs, and effective records maintenance. Other primary duties include closely monitoring campus facilities to identify operations and maintenance needs or capital investment projects, and recommending improvements to update existing facilities.
The ideal candidate will be committed to sustainability, safety-minded, have a strong sense of initiative and organizational skills, and a highly collaborative person who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional Engineering License (PE).
- Five years of design experience on building, facilities and central plant electrical systems of 120V up to 12.47 kV or greater.
- Two years project management experience.
- Experience using Autocad, Revit, & Navisworks software to design and modify electrical drawings.
- Experience using Easy Power Software or a similar software.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-directed.
- Ability to inspect work projects on-site, using ladders, negotiating physical obstacles on job sites which may involve bending, stooping, climbing ladders and stepping over physical obstructions such as mechanical and electrical equipment or construction materials.
The starting salary is $64,836 - $86,316 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please consider applying today! Visit https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/33839
to submit your application.
Email Angie Telford with questions or for assistance with creating an account and applying.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz