Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc. (STC) is seeking to engage legal, environmental, or safety professionals to assist with the development and update of country-specific environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulatory reference and compliance tools. These county-specific tools are provided to STC’s clients for several countries around the world, such as China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, and Turkey.
• Research EHS policies, laws, regulations, standards, and government agency guidance documents to assist multinational companies ensure EHS program compliance for their global operations
• Draft revisions to STC’s EHS regulatory guides and checklists to incorporate any identified regulatory changes
• Monitor current and emerging EHS issues to alert clients on new developments in policies, laws, and regulations
• Develop written reports on regulatory updates summarizing the potential impact on client’s operations due to changes in EHS requirements
• Coordinate with STC technical reviewers for ongoing project support and to ensure timely delivery and publication of the regulatory reference and compliance tools
These tasks are to be completed as remote, short-term, independent contract assignments. Projects in 2021 specifically relate to the following countries: Czech Republic, Italy, France, Japan, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey.
Future opportunities may exist with STC depending upon the candidate’s legislative familiarity, language capabilities, assignment performance, and mutual interest.
• Appropriate academic qualification, such as completion/near completion of a JD, LLB, or LLM
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in one of the following languages: Czech, Italian, French, Japanese, Polish, Romania, Swedish, or Turkish
• Strong understanding of how to research and analyze laws and regulations
• Attention to detail with great time management skills
• Interest in environmental and safety issues
• Experience with EHS management or policy
• Fluency in multiple languages
• Strong understanding of how to research and analyze laws and regulations for the Czech Republic, Italy, France, Japan, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, or Turkey
About Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc. (STC)
Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc. (STC) is a certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE). We help our clients manage complex worker safety and environmental challenges as business issues, rather than as engineering or legal obstacles. As a result, these firms integrate EHS solutions directly into their core business operations. Through this process, STC uncovers opportunities for our clients to increase program efficiency, reduce costs, and gain competitive advantage.