GreenBiz Group, the leading voice in corporate sustainability and clean technology, seeks a talented writer and editor with journalism experience to help expand our coverage for an influential business audience. The job is based in our headquarters in downtown Oakland, California.
- Edit articles daily, turning complex topics into clean, engaging prose.
- Write stories weekly. Attend and report on events as needed.
- Conduct interviews with senior executives at both large and small companies.
- Bring stories to life with images that you will find, select and crop or manipulate.
- Demonstrate a talent for writing clear, provocative headlines.
- Participate in the weekly GreenBiz 350 podcast.
- Manage daily newsletter production.
- Work diplomatically with a team of freelancers and expert contributors.
- Help to shape our content strategy, pitching stories and keeping up with trends in the field.
- Update social media channels.
- Work closely with the events team on content.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the GreenBiz team.
- Represent GreenBiz as a journalist at external events.
- At least three years of deadline-driven, professional journalism writing and editing experience, preferably for a business audience.
- A solid grasp of journalism ethics.
- A curiosity and passion for learning.
- Confidence with CMS, image editing and social media tools.
- A background in business, technology or environmental journalism.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- A thorough understanding of interactive digital media that integrates images, audio, video and social elements.
Please send your resume along with links of great stories you've written or edited. Plain text with URLs within an email is preferable to attachments.