Accelerate Your Clean Energy Career
EDF Climate Corps is the premier graduate fellowship program to jump-start your career in clean energy or sustainability. Fellows gain access to an exclusive network of over a thousand EDF Climate Corps alumni and other energy and sustainability professionals, interactive training and unique resources, including career opportunities. Our competitive program selects qualified candidates from a variety of disciplines to work for a summer embedded within leading organizations to identify customized energy management solutions. Apply today!
Since 2008, EDF Climate Corps has placed over 700 fellows in host organizations including JP Morgan Chase, City of Boston, JLL, Verizon, General Motors, Comcast, PG&E, Vassar College and the Chicago Housing Authority. A list of 2017 host organizations will be available to candidates during the interview process and fellows are matched with host organizations based on their location, industry and project type preferences. See the full list of past organizations on our website, www.edfclimatecorps.org.
Projects to Match Your Unique Skills and Career Goals
Working under the guidance of a host supervisor and EDF manager, fellows uncover strategic energy management solutions for their host organization. Projects culminate in a written report and series of recommendations to the host organization. Projects may focus on:
• Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency: Identify energy and cost-saving measures in commercial, industrial or municipal settings.
• Engagement and Behavior Change: Design and sustain programs to advance energy initiatives and cut costs by empowering employees, tenants, suppliers and franchisees.
• Sustainability and Energy Management Strategy: Improve performance through benchmarking, goal setting, carbon accounting, reporting and certifications.
• Clean and Renewable Energy: Uncover opportunities for demand response, renewable energy generation, storage and procurement policies.
• Data Analysis: Help organizations better understand their energy usage through data tracking, modeling and analysis.
• Financial Evaluation and Planning: Create financial planning tools, evaluate financing options for energy projects and analyze energy efficiency investment opportunities.
• Current or recent graduate student studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or relevant degree
• 2+ years of applicable work experience
• Self-starter with strong project management and leadership experience
• Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy or sustainability projects
• A passion for solving environmental challenges
• Eligibility to work in the United States during the summer of 2017
All selected EDF Climate Corps fellows are required to attend a week-long training May 22-26, 2017. Start and end dates are flexible.
$1,250 per week and reimbursement of travel costs to the May training and fall Energy Solutions Exchange (network) event.
Please visit our website, http://edfclimatecorps.org/...mate-corps-how-apply
, to complete your 2017 fellow application. For early consideration and the best opportunity to be matched with your preferred host organization, please apply by December 6, 2016 11:59 pm PT. The final application deadline is January 6, 2017 11:59 pm PT. Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Please email our staff at EDFClimateCorps.firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz