Multiple locations, including New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; and other U.S. cities and towns
Job Type: 10-12 week summer fellowship
EDF Climate Corps is the premier graduate fellowship program to jump-start your career in clean energy or sustainability. Fellows join an exclusive network of over a thousand EDF Climate Corps alumni and other energy and sustainability professionals, working to advance climate solutions in leading organizations around the world.
Our competitive program selects qualified candidates from a variety of disciplines to work for a summer embedded within leading organizations to identify customized energy and climate solutions. Fellows will gain access to an interactive in-person training as well as resources and continuing education, including professional development opportunities, online resources and webinars. Apply today!
Since 2008, EDF Climate Corps has placed over 1,000 fellows in host organizations including New Balance, Google, TPG Capital, Lyft, and NYC Mayor's Office of Sustainability. A list of 2020 host organizations will be available to candidates during the interview process and fellows are matched with host organizations based on their location, industry and project type preferences.
Projects to Match Your Unique Skills and Career Goals
Working under the guidance of a host supervisor and EDF engagement manager, fellows uncover strategic energy management and climate solutions for their host organization. Projects culminate in a written report and series of recommendations to the host organization. Projects may focus on:
• Scaling Energy Efficiency: Identify energy and cost-saving measures, evaluate financing options and explore opportunities to implement advanced energy management technologies across a portfolio of buildings.
• Creating Commitments: Develop GHG targets that are based in science and create strategies to achieve emission reduction goals through data-driven analysis such as energy benchmarking and carbon accounting.
• Accelerating Renewables & Electrification: Uncover opportunities for renewable energy generation, create strategies for increasing resiliency through microgrids and recommend tactics to increase the adoption of electric vehicles.
• Evaluating Supply Chain Sustainability: Quantify and baseline scope 3 emissions and develop recommendations for engaging suppliers on energy related emission reduction opportunities.
• Current or recent graduate student studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or relevant degree
• 2 years of applicable work experience
• Self-starter with strong project management and leadership experience
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Completion of graduate-level finance coursework by the summer of 2020
• A passion for solving environmental challenges
• Eligibility to work in the United States during the summer of 2020
• Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation
• Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy or sustainability projects
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Understanding of greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reporting frameworks (e.g., CDP, GHG Protocol, The Climate Registry)
All selected EDF Climate Corps fellows will attend a week-long training in May 2020.
$1,250 per week and reimbursement of travel costs to the training and EDF Climate Corps Summit, an annual fall conference.
Please visit our website to complete your 2020 fellow application: www.edfclimatecorps.org
For early consideration and the best opportunity to be matched with your preferred host organization, please apply by December 2, 2019 11:59 pm PT. The final application deadline is January 6, 2020 11:59 pm PT. For more information about the timeline and program, please visit the EDF Climate Corps website. Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.