The Sustainability Director is a full-time staff position at Creighton University to seek opportunities to advance sustainability for Creighton University on the Omaha and Phoenix campuses, Creighton’s affiliated center in the Dominican Republic, as well as in the greater Omaha community. This position augments ongoing campus-wide climate protection efforts in academics, research, facilities, student services, and community service (among others) to significantly propel Creighton's actions and commitments forward.
The successful candidate will be a leader who can organize and coordinate disparate campus efforts, advocate for change toward sustainable conditions, and communicate meaningfully with different audiences (e.g., facilities and residence life staff, administrators, faculty, and students). Researching and inspiring new efforts, the Sustainability Director will be a positive proponent of change to enhance Creighton’s sustainability efforts and reputation. The Sustainability Director will coordinate the Sustainability Governance Council and report to the Vice Provost for Global Engagement.
• Coordinate the revision of Creighton University’s Climate Action Plan to set targets and interim milestones for becoming climate neutral;
• Manage internal efforts toward more sustainable practices with different offices and organizations to reduce waste, lead composting efforts, and engage in campus planning;
• Provide leadership in organizing events involving students, faculty, and staff to promote university-wide sustainability practices and an environmentally-mindful culture, to inform the community of our progress, to identify future challenges, and to motivate others to be actively involved in sustainability efforts;
• Represent Creighton’s voice in the community on sustainability issues, both managing opportunities and initiating relationships;
• Assist units in setting targets, evaluate progress, measure cost savings, and communicate those findings internally, to our local and regional communities, and through American Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) outlets;
• Collect data for and complete sustainability assessments such as the AASHE, STARS (including greenhouse gas emissions), Energy Star and similar; oversee collection and analysis of data on Creighton’s energy use, material flows, transportation strategies, and purchasing policies from across campus as a part of the implementation process for the development of sustainability projects on campus.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz