Director of Stewardship and Partnerships, Policy and BICEP Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Director of Stewardship and Partnerships on the Policy team is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter looking to be an advocate for Ceres’ policy goals. This role will work closely with our California Office and partner on their company engagement activities related to policy. This position will be located in Boston, MA and reports to the Senior Program Director, Policy.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Partner with Policy Senior Program Director, to develop and implement recruitment plan for Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP)
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with company members located throughout the U.S.
• Recruit businesses (on a national and state specific level) to join BICEP and/or take part in specific Policy activities
• Implement communication and education activities to ensure retention of members
• Evaluate BICEP member engagement and assess the needs of companies
• Organize and facilitate regular BICEP meetings and calls
• Develop and execute campaigns to engage companies in policy advocacy
• Develop communications strategy to support recruitment efforts and refine materials distributed to companies about member benefits and policy advocacy
• Lead coordination and collaboration with California team on company recruitment and engagement, including the development of their outreach plan along with recruitment and retention activities
• Develop campaign plans in response to legislative initiatives, as needed
• Collaborate with Ceres Communication team on facilitating media outreach
• Manage media outreach related to BICEP companies
• Supervise Communications Manager on Policy team
• Partner with the Senior Program Director on team management, such as team meetings, annual planning and evaluation, and team retreats
• Master’s degree or equivalent education preferred in public policy, law (J.D.), environmental policy or related fields
• 10 years of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of energy and climate change issues, including an understanding of business-focused policy debates, and NGO concerns
• Willingness to engage in climate and energy policy processes at the state and federal levels
• 3+ years of experience supervising staff, including ability to provide training and support staff development
• A proven track record of leading negotiations in a group setting and building consensus within a diverse group towards shared objectives and strategies.
• Experience managing and creating budgets
• Strong relationship management skills particularly within the corporate sector
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation, energy and enthusiasm
• Experience developing and managing progress against goals and budgets
• Strong project management skills
• Successful record of organizing and managing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Effective presentation style and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong team player and comfort working in a team-based atmosphere
• Demonstrated ability to deliver specific projects and initiatives independently and as part of a team
• Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
• Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail applications
• Willingness to travel on regular basis for company engagements and conferences
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz