Are you interested in working at the forefront of sustainability, helping Fortune 500 companies reduce their environmental footprint and increase their positive impact on society? Do you want to create meaningful educational programs for corporate leaders that help them drive their companies forward? Is it important that you work at an organization that is mission driven and provides a flexible and supportive working environment?
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) is currently searching for highly motivated leaders and content curators to join our program team. These roles will focus on collaborating with industry leaders, our membership base and program colleagues to create meaningful and robust content offerings for our annual conferences.
Primary Responsibility Areas
• Conference Content Creation & Execution
• Research, Issue Framing & Trends Tracking
• Storytelling & Narrative Creation
• Project & Budget Management
• Strategic Planning
• Program Team Management (Director level only)
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidates will:
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree. Preferred areas include but are not limited to sustainability management, environmental policy, nonprofit management, business administration or journalism.
• Possess fluency in current events and corporate sustainability issues. Possess a strong desire to work on corporate sustainability issues and uphold a literacy for the topic and stakeholders.
• Have at least 2 years (Sr. Program Manager) or 5+ years (Director) of relevant work experience to include researching, developing, implementing and evaluating professional development programs.
• Have management experience to include direct oversight of one or more staff, conducting performance reviews and experience training new team members. (Director)
• Demonstrate a track-record of cultivating relationships with (and networks of) NGO leaders, corporate managers and policy makers to stay abreast of emerging environmental business issues in order to develop high quality professional development programs.
• Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Have the ability to take individual initiative as well as possess superb collaboration skills to work with a team to implement successful learning programs.
• Have the ability to travel 5-8 times a year domestically, by plane.
• Be able to frequently lift and carry conference materials and boxes weighing 10-20 pounds across conference venues for various events.
• Be able to frequently reach above shoulder and head and stoop to set up conference space collateral. This can include kneeling under a table to obtain access to electrical outlets.
• Be able to remain active and mobile for up to 10 hours a day while at conferences.
Salary and Starting Benefits
The salary ranges for these positions depend on experience. Benefits include:
• Full health and dental insurance
• Employee retirement savings plan with matching funds available after one year
• 2 weeks paid vacation per year, accessible as of start date
• A flexible work environment
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. As the largest professional community for EHS and sustainability decision-makers, we provide peer-led educational conferences and an active network for sharing solutions to today’s corporate EHS and sustainability management challenges.
To view full job postings and apply:
Visit the NAEM website: http://www.naem.org/page/careersatnaem