Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Assist with the strategy, execution, and investment in renewable energy/cleantech technologies, companies, and joint venture partnerships.
1. Actively engage customers, policy makers, external network, and internal colleagues to identify challenges, trends, technologies, and solutions within the cleantech space
2. Assist in the ideation, collaboration, development, and screening of newly proposed solutions within cleantech. Participate in the collaboration and refinement process of an idea – done internally and external to the company
3. Perform analytical research and modeling to determine the size of the opportunity, competitive analysis, and financial pricing strategy associated with a concept. Monitor its ability to scale and sustain desired financial outcomes
4. Be comfortable problem solving with different perspectives, confident and effective in communicating new ideas, and fully committed to the successful launch of new ideas. Must have a passion to seek solutions in a transparent manner with external colleagues/customers, internal project teams, and senior executive management.
5. Thoroughly understand the inter-workings of energy creation, distribution, and storage. Serve as a technical expert of energy and apply business principles and acumen to identify opportunities in the market. Communicate those opportunities to others in a way that is easily understood and executed upon.
6. Actively network with start-ups and other early-stage companies that are providing value in the cleantech space. Identify which companies are a strong target for investment, synergistic partnership, or other win-win relationships.
7. Create, communicate, and execute a strategy focused on diversification and growth in cleantech with a goal of long-term sustainable cashflow creation
8. Assist with the company’s growth and focus in renewable energy through education efforts and through the creation of new ways to serve the customer, create value, and grow cash flows within the renewable energy space
9. Maintain and update contacts within the CRM system (Salesforce). Manage an expense account with defined parameters
10. Travel regularly and source meetings to expand the opportunity set
Masters Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years of distributed energy generation and/or utility scale solar project development, distribution, or storage experience. This individual understands how the policy, energy markets, customer aggregation, grid stabilization, and inter-related technologies work. Preference is given to one that has worked for a start-up in cleantech or one that has experience reviewing early-stage funding opportunities. Ability to network with partners, prospects, internal business leaders, and investment managers.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Technical knowledge and experience pertaining to renewable energy creation, distribution, and storage
2. Knowledge of renewable energy sources is preferred – solar, wind, hydrogen, biogas, 45Q carbon sequestration
3. Ability to work independently
4. Excellent communication and public speaking skills
5. Ability to navigate ambiguity and find solutions
6. Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Salesforce
7. Excellent listening skills to define needs, offer solutions and formulate responses to objections
8. Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
9. Strong work ethic, values, and integrity
10. Valid drivers' license and dependable transportation
11. Energy, Drive, and Motivation: Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then executes relentlessly. Willingness to expand role and find ways to support members of the renewable energy team.
12. Entrepreneurial: Encounters new business ideas and continuously assesses the proposals. Able to correlate the technical aspects of energy with the business model aspects
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz