ACORE is committed to social and economic justice as part of the transition to a greener future, and is actively working to cultivate a culture of inclusion and equity within the renewable energy sector.
This position will focus on advancing and expanding ACORE’s work around diversity, equity and inclusion. A large focus of this position will center around building community and coalitions across the renewable energy industry to support ACORE’s DEI work. This will include the oversight and management of ACORE’s Accelerate membership program, which is designed to build opportunities for renewable energy companies owned and operated by women and/or people of color. The DEI Director will also help provide thought leadership and organize convenings on sector-wide issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion – such as workforce development and equal access to clean and affordable renewable power.
Successful candidates will have a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of a just transition to renewable energy and be ready to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
This position is based in Washington, DC though all staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
Key Job Duties
• Oversee, guide and grow ACORE’s Accelerate program. This includes the development of engagement pathways for Accelerate members, programming development, and opportunity creation for connections across the ACORE membership.
• Engage with ACORE members on topics of diversity, equity and inclusion. This may include roundtables, convenings and one-on-one engagements.
• Work with ACORE leadership to play a key role in setting the strategic direction of the organization’s work on diversity, equity, and inclusion, identifying new workstreams and partners.
• Promote ACORE’s DEI priorities within the organization and with external groups and partners, developing coalitions and partners across the industry.
• Work closely with the fundraising team to meet existing funder commitments and develop avenues for new growth.
• Represent ACORE in relevant convenings with the public, media, and other outside groups and individuals.
Programs and Policy
• Identify topics for ACORE work products regarding diversity, equity and inclusion as part of a just transition, including white papers, analyses, and other written material, and play a lead role in co-authoring, editing, and recruiting contributing authors.
• Work with the Policy team to provide insights and recommendations on legislative and regulatory issues impacting ACORE’s DEI agenda
• Eight+ years of relevant professional work experience
• Deep knowledge of racial justice, environmental and climate justice, equity and social movements, and just transition
• Understanding of the renewable energy industry
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic, long-term plans and implement them successfully
• Strong research, writing and oral presentation skills
• Strong political instincts and understanding of political environment
• Experience working with and building coalitions
Submit resume and cover letter