Do you have a passion for sustainability and environment, health and safety? Would you like to work for a company that is purpose-driven and a recognized leader in environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility?
At Hasbro, we play with purpose. We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We’re passionate about protecting our planet and conserving natural resources for future generations, including pursuing innovative ways to reduce our environmental impacts across our value chain. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 8 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and at the top of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. We are also honored to have ranked #1 and #3 on Newsweek’s Green Rankings, 2016 and 2017 respectively.
As a Director, Environmental Sustainability, you will lead Hasbro’s industry-leading, EPA-recognized environmental sustainability and health and safety programs at Hasbro’s owned and operated facilities throughout the world, and you will also champion sustainability initiatives across the company.
A day in the life as a Director of Environmental Sustainability:
• You will be responsible for leading Hasbro’s Environment, Health and Safety (“EHS”) compliance program for all Hasbro, Inc. RI facilities, including but not limited to the applicable EHS requirements of OSHA, EPA, DOT, RI D.E.M., and other applicable state and local regulatory agencies and bodies.
• You will be responsible for developing, updating, and overseeing Hasbro’s internal Environment, Health and Safety (“EHS”) policies, practices, and education & training programs in areas from ergonomics and emergency preparedness/response to hazardous waste reduction, recycling, and conservation practices at Hasbro facilities.
• You will develop and lead strategies and practices to meet Hasbro’s publicly-stated 2025 Sustainability Goals (25% reduction in energy consumption; 50% reduction in waste to landfill; 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions; 15% reduction in water consumption).
• You will direct and oversee the collection of environmental sustainability data collection and be responsible for Hasbro’s sustainability reporting, including Hasbro’s annual Carbon Disclosure Project (“CDP”) submission, sustainability reporting to Walmart and other retailers, reviewing sustainability-related information in investor community ESG profiles, and contributing to the company’s annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report. You will oversee Hasbro’s global Renewable Energy strategy and annual carbon offset and renewable energy investments.
• You will lead Hasbro’s industry-leading US Toy Recycling Program through Terracycle and work with your colleagues globally (France, Germany and Brazil, with more countries launching) to monitor and evolve the program.
• You will serve as a critical leader in Hasbro’s Sustainability Center of Excellence cross-functional team, working in partnership with the CSR, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Design and Development and Global Operations teams to drive environmental improvements in product, packaging, supply chain, and Hasbro facilities.
• You will provide regular updates (both written and in-person) to Hasbro senior leadership on sustainability progress and opportunities. You will prepare quarterly sustainability updates to the Hasbro Board of Directors. You will partner and collaborate with Corporate Communications on sustainability storytelling around key initiatives and dates (eg Earth Day).
• You will champion environmental sustainability initiatives and demonstrate influential leadership at all levels of the organization to drive positive and sustainable change.
• You will represent the company before local, state, and federal agencies, as required.
What you’ll bring:
• 10 years of experience in environment, health and safety at large corporate facilities.
• Passion, energy, and commitment to sustainability, health, safety, and operating responsibly.
• Degree in environment management or related field and environmental certifications, a plus.
• Working knowledge of and experience with EPA, OSHA, and comparable regulations.
• Ability to understand/analyze external drivers and implement creative and effective strategies to achieve corporate objectives.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, speed and flexibility for change.
• Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build consensus and work collaboratively across all functions, at all levels of the organization; leadership skills that exhibit ownership, a “can-do” attitude, and results.
• Excellent communicator and presenter.
For more details about our CSR and Sustainability progress and recognition, please visit: http://newsroom.hasbro.com/...6a-ab6a-83dbc82bac09