Director, Education & Training
For the last 40 years, Southface has been a leader in the research, design, and implementation of a regenerative economy for the Southeast. We are a group of change makers with a laser-focus on generating the outcomes that lead to vibrant, healthy communities for all.
Education & Training Team Overview
A successful regenerative economy requires a well-trained and educated workforce ready to solve complex problems and implement the solutions they build. Our Education & Training team develops the curriculum, online, hands-on training and skill development opportunities for the next generation of the regenerative economy workforce.
The Education & Training Director is a member of the senior leadership team and reports to the President. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee strategy, development, implementation and evaluation of in-person and online curriculum and trainings for Southface programs.
• Develop and expand workforce development training strategies within new markets, connecting successful trainees with employment opportunities.
• Expand our reach through strategic partnerships, including workforce development agencies, vocational/technical programs or similar.
• Partner with the Marketing and Outreach Program Manager to develop and implement the marketing of Education & Training Team programs and activities.
• Oversee budget development for the Education & Training team, including grant development and administration.
• Participate in organizational strategic planning activities.
• Hire, train, develop and appraise direct reports.
The successful applicant for the position will meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and five years’ progressive professional responsibility for management and administration of training programs
• Experience with adult workforce development programs preferred
• Demonstrated experience with program development, including writing and managing grants
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional task management and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of learning management systems
• Collaborative and positive team-building demeanor
• Valid driver’s license with no major violations
Ability to carry 35 pounds, which may involve carrying project materials including program signs, presentation materials and equipment, such as a projector.
Southface offers competitive health and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 days of Paid Time Off annually (prorated in your first year)
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Excellent medical insurance benefits
• 403(b) retirement plan with company match
• Continuing education and professional development
• Flexible work schedule
• Organizational culture that highly values the contributions and character of its employees
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with flexible options. Occasional weekend or evening hours.
Salary and Application Process
Respond with a cover letter and resume with “Director, E&T” in the subject line. Please, no telephone inquiries.
Pre-employment background checks are conducted on final candidates.
Southface is an Equal Opportunity Employer.