Dir/VP of Engineering
Posted Jun 25
Complete Solar is the fastest growing solar installer in the U.S. We are changing the way residential solar is sold and delivered with a unique, software-enabled business model that empowers our local solar installer partners to effectively compete. Come join our growing team and help make a real impact on the world!
The Director of Software Development will report to the CEO and will lead all areas of software development in the company. This is primarily a management role, but you’d also be engaging in hands-on architecture and coding. As the leader of a small but strategically essential team within a small but rapidly growing company, you’ll get to have tremendous influence on the trajectory of the company.
What You’d Be Doing
● Manage a small (5+ person) software team, including 1-2 in-person engineers and 3-4 overseas developers.
● Architect and code new systems and features, and re-architect legacy systems as needed.
● Implement/continue modern best practices like Agile, TDD, SOLID, etc.
● Interface with the CEO and other departments to help guide the product roadmap.
● Provide leadership and guidance with regard to overall software development priorities and resource
What We’re Looking For
● 5-10+ years of full-stack web application development experience.
● Some experience managing software engineers, especially of remote teams.
● You’re masterful in mySQL and object-oriented PHP.
● You have an advanced understanding of Linux/Apache and some experience with cloud-based software
development (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
● You’ve worked in a startup before – or if not, then you’re at least sure you would love the startup life.
● You have some experience in the solar industry or the trades.
● Experience migrating from a monolith to a micro-services architecture.
● Some exposure to blockchain development.
What We Offer
● A competitive salary
● Generous stock options
● Health insurance
● 10 days of PTO plus paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.