Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Development Assistant primarily supports the 6-person individual giving team along with limited support of the full development department and the Chief Development Officer. The Assistant will report to the Director, Development. This is a full-time job, based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will possess superior attention to detail, organization, time management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to be part of a collaborative team-oriented environment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Process and acknowledge gifts
Maintain accurate contact records
Conduct monthly reconciliation processes
Organize, update and distribute stewardship materials
Support the planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation of Annual Fund digital and direct mail campaigns
Assist in a variety of capacities with the execution of special events
Create and maintain process documentation
Assist with donor profiles and briefing materials as needed
Anticipate, identify, and address the needs of team members and proactively seek appropriate resources to support them
Support the Director of Development in administrative tasks as needed
Support to the CDO
Provide administrative support to the CDO on scheduling, travel, meeting preparation, calendar management, expense reports, reimbursements, and other tasks
Build team camaraderie
Assist with planning, coordination and logistics for department meetings
Complete other administrative projects such as maintenance of weekly priorities
· 1-2 years work experience, including internships/co-ops, required
· Organizational skills and excellent attention to detail required.
· Prior administrative experience strongly desired.
· Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, social media and email applications.
· Proficiency with database platforms strongly desired; Salesforce proficiency a plus.
· Professional demeanor.
· Ability to act with diplomacy with constituents and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines, and keep a calm demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
· Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
· Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
· Interest in and/or knowledge of climate change/sustainability issues a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz