Customer Success Coordinator
Location: Oakland, CA Department: Advertising Sales
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry-Level
Are you interested in helping companies and cities become more sustainable? Do you want to support leading organizations in their efforts to produce clean energy, make buildings and transportation more efficient and reduce carbon emissions and waste? Do you want to contribute your excellent communication and organizational skills to a mission-driven business? Are you organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities? Do you like engaging with people and have a passion for the work that you do? Then you could be GreenBiz Group’s next Customer Success Coordinator.
The Customer Success Coordinator is positioned within the sales team, but works cross-functionally, serving as the main point of contact to GreenBiz sponsors post-sale to ensure successful execution of event, online, content and research sponsorships and advertising opportunities.
As our Customer Success Coordinator you will:
Manage the production and delivery of sponsor contract deliverables before, during and after conferences:
- Manage relationships with customers to ensure successful event participation and delivery of benefits
- Create and maintain online marketing resources for customers and oversee communications plan with customers
- Coordinate with venue contacts and relevant event vendors to support build-out of exhibitor space and 100% renewably-powered microgrid, including ordering furniture, power, AV items and signage
- Manage special events in partnership with customers, including private lunches, dinners and receptions
- Work with marketing team to support sponsor co-marketing outreach
- Execute post-event contract deliverables
Oversee the production and delivery of digital advertising and online sponsorship opportunities, including sponsored content, lead generation programs, research projects and online advertising campaigns:
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders to deliver all project timelines, deadlines and deliverables in a timely, efficient manner
- Collaborate with sponsors, internal teams and freelance writers to develop and publish sponsored content
- Work closely with editorial and content team to create weekly newsletter shells and schedule corresponding ads
- Provide follow-up reports and leads generated through various programs to sponsors and internal stakeholders
- Leverage systems and technology platforms including internal web content management system, DoubleClick for Publishers, Marketo, Google Analytics, CVENT as needed (experience not required)
- Create and analyze reports for all programs to ensure 100% delivery and best performance
Other customer success and marketing support responsibilities as necessary
This is an entry-level role, and we do not expect candidates to have direct experience with all of the types of projects listed above and will provide on-the-job training.
Most importantly, our ideal candidate is:
- Detail-oriented, organized and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excited to work with customers to understand their goals and consistently meet or exceed them
- Confident managing and prioritizing simultaneous deadlines, accommodating shifting priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Customer-focused — providing an exceptional customer experience by email, phone and in-person
- Resourceful and a proactive self-starter who is eager to learn and get stuff done, while going the extra mile to optimize processes and systems
- Collaborative and able to take direction or work independently as the situation requires
- Confident in grammatical, proofreading and editing abilities
- Proficient in MS Office tools, including Excel, and has strong computer skills overall
- Able to travel to GreenBiz conferences (3-6 per year within the United States)
- BA or equivalent degree
Preferred but not required:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo, content management systems and/or DoubleClick for Publishers
About GreenBiz Group:
GreenBiz Group is a media and events company that views climate change and other global environmental challenges as existential threats to business and society, as well as significant opportunities. We help our audiences understand both, including how to navigate the emerging technologies, business practices, policies and societal expectations that companies, cities and others need to know to succeed. We achieve this through media, events, research and a membership network of corporate sustainability professionals.
The GreenBiz Group team is collaborative, fun, hardworking and passionate about what we do. We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation days (accrual begins after six months of employment) and paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year — one individual, one company
- Our open floor plan office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit transportation lines, Frank Ogawa Plaza and fantastic restaurant options.
This position is currently open, and we are looking to fill as soon as possible. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.