Framework is a specialty management consultancy that helps leading global companies develop strategies and practices for maximizing performance by sustainably managing financial, social, and natural capital.
We seek an experienced, highly professional, confident, and engaging individual to lead and manage large sustainability communications projects for major corporations.
The selected candidate will lead internal teams to plan, develop, and deliver impactful sustainability reports and communications for Framework clients. The candidate will:
• Serve as the consulting lead and project manager for sustainability reporting and communications projects, including acting as the main client contact and directing internal team members in project-related tasks
• Assume overall editorial control over report content, including substantial involvement in report content development, drafting, and editing
• Innovate new approaches to sustainability reporting, communications, and engagement
• Coordinate closely with client communications teams and design groups, including external agencies, to weigh in on design concepts, report format, and delivery; manage and direct layout finalization
• Direct the work of external writers and proofreaders
• Identify opportunities to support client sustainability needs not related to reporting, such as strategic planning, data analytics, benchmarking, or goal-setting; connecting appropriate client contacts with other Framework team members
• Coordinate with internal analysts to apply reporting standards to client projects, including, but not limited to, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines, United Nations Global Compact, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) sector standards, etc.
• Contribute to Framework’s external thought leadership articles and infographics as well as other business development activities
• Pitch in wherever, whenever, and however appropriate to serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
The successful candidate must have proven sustainability reporting and/or communications expertise, preferably with a mix of both in-house corporate and agency experience.
Demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• Very strong editorial and writing skills
• Understanding of and experience in publishing and design, including digital media
• Strong oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously; lead and develop high-performing teams, resolve challenges and roadblocks, and manage to project scope and budget
• Experience and comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with Chief Sustainability Officers and other senior client contacts; sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
• Track record of effectively leading complex corporate sustainability reporting and/or communications projects strongly preferred (ideally including GRI-based reporting)
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-directed; high degree of emotional intelligence (no drama)
• College degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Four to six years of leading reporting/communications teams and projects
• Exceptional editorial and writing skills—enjoys writing!
• Practical knowledge/awareness of reporting standards, initiatives, and frameworks (desired)
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint skills; experience with Excel
The candidate who fills this position can expect to spend approximately 10–20 percent of time traveling to client sites and conferences.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Benefits include group health plan, 401(k), commuter assistance
• 15 days paid personal leave and 11 paid holidays plus paid week off
• Opportunity for incentive pay linked to performance
Location: Stamford, Connecticut or Seattle, Washington
TO APPLY, please send the following application materials:
• Cover letter detailing your approach to excelling in this position
• Résumé or CV, including confirmation of your eligibility to work in the United States
• Portfolio of past reports and/or significant writing samples reflecting sophisticated corporate communications (web links or PDFs)
For more information about Framework LLC, please visit http://www.framework-llc.com
No phone calls, please. You must have unrestricted right to work in the United States.
About Framework LLC
Framework is a specialty management consultancy that helps leading global companies develop strategies and practices for maximizing performance by managing financial, social, and natural capital sustainably. Framework’s clients are represented in the Global FT500, Fortune 500, S&P 500, Dow Jones Sustainability, and FTSE4Good indices. Framework is a diverse, woman-owned business certified by the WBENC and a Global Compact signatory. Framework is an equal-opportunity employer. For more information, please visit http://www.framework-llc.com