Tradewater is a mission-based company headquartered in Chicago and operating around the world. We collect, manage, and destroy greenhouse gases. Our projects are designed to fight the climate crisis and create economic development opportunities. The gases that we work to destroy primarily come from old refrigerants, which are some of the worst greenhouse gases ever made. The destruction of these refrigerants result in carbon offset credits that individuals or organizations purchase to offset their carbon footprint.
The work of Tradewater spans multiple domains, including international and domestic refrigerant collection efforts, refrigerant reclamation services, and the marketing and sale of carbon credits to individuals and companies. The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and leading Tradewater’s communications strategies across each of its domains. The position is based at our corporate office in the Fulton Market neighborhood of Chicago.
• Establish a consistent brand voice and identity for each of Tradewater’s audiences (domestic refrigerant collection, international work, domestic reclamation work, and the carbon offset market).
• Understand how communication and marketing to each of these audiences should work separately and together to optimize our efforts.
• Build brand awareness across these Tradewater audiences, based on the particular service or product being offered. Create strategies across multiple communication channels and measure their effectiveness with key performance indicators.
• Support the execution of lead generation through the development of content that clearly conveys our value proposition to different audiences.
• Manage a small team of associates that support the strategy creation and execution of our communication goals.
• 7-10 years of communications experience.
• Experience in developing channel strategies, brand identity, and voice.
• Ability to understand and use data generated from various channels to measure and convey performance.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work across multiple audiences with a high degree of engagement.
• A demonstrated passion for environmental sustainability and fighting climate change.
• Demonstrated willingness and excitement to learn a new industry.
• Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks thoroughly.
• International experience is a plus.
• Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
• Marketing experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Master’s Degree is a plus.
Tradewater provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Tradewater offers a competitive salary and good benefits. If you are interested, please submit an application at the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/...nFefwP&s=TW_Website
An initial phone screen meeting will be held with qualified candidates, followed by up to three rounds of interviews and discussions with Tradewater’s leadership.