ABOUT THE POSITION
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the team with content creation and editing, outreach, social media, website updates, scheduling, event planning, and collaborating with the Project Drawdown team in furthering the message of Project Drawdown.
- Develop and edit content in line with Project Drawdown’s messaging, and collaborate with Executive Director and Research Director on writing projects.
- Assist team with copyediting as needed.
- Support scheduling of speaking engagements, and assist partners in promoting events.
- Draft content and create newsletters.
- Monitor and log incoming communication and media coverage.
- Work with Executive Director to create social media content and manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn posting.
- Continually update website content via Drupal
- Bachelor’s Degree, with preference for environmental science, sustainability, communications, or related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in communications/outreach, or related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Background in and knowledge of environmental issues, global warming, or sustainability and organizations working in those fields
- Experience with social media content and management
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with a small team, take feedback effectively, and provide recommendations to team members thoughtfully
- Must work on site in Sausalito, California
- Experience working at a nonprofit
- Experience with website management and newsletter design