Genomatica develops commercial biobased processes to make widely-used chemicals that enable better, more sustainable everyday products. That enables our partners and leading brands to offer better food packaging, auto parts, clothing, tires, carpets, and more.
We’ve commercialized processes for bio-BDO (for plastics) and for biobased butylene glycol (for cosmetics); and our technology drives the world’s first commercial-scale biobased plant for a major intermediate chemical. We’re working on polyamide intermediates (nylon) and on butadiene (tires); and we’re helping numerous companies with their bioprocesses. We have more on the way.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Genomatica’s updated communications plan and social media strategy. The Communications Coordinator will work on the Sustainability team and work cross-departmentally to create, implement, and manage communications content. You will be supporting Genomatica corporate communications as well as product specific communications such as our portfolio brand, Brontide®, a sustainable ingredient used in many cosmetics, hair products and other personal care applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Support the developing marketing communications and Sustainability teams with the development and implementation of multi-channel communications strategies and campaigns to showcase Genomatica’s sustainability narrative targeted to impact both internal and external audiences, including employees, media, customers, academic and non-profit partners, and investors.
• Develop communications activities and campaigns; lead on execution of select campaigns within the team’s broader campaign portfolio.
• Support the development of Genomatica’s thought leadership social media communications.
• Support Genomatica’s communications and marketing teams in activities that include : media outreach, social media engagement, and brand/product positioning (social media content, video scripts, messaging/talking points, CSR annual report, ESG Reporting)
• Benchmark cross-industry best practices and support team in building meaningful relationships Conduct cross-industry benchmarks around sustainability performance and communication, ensuring Genomatica is substantiating and sharing its sustainability impact in a way that matters most.
• Manage social media inquiries (update contacts database, respond to contacts, proactively reach out to develop Genomatica’s network, etc.). Drive connections to appropriate business personnel.
• Support relevant KPI tracking and reporting for different media platforms. Develop improvement plans to maximize Genomatica’s social media presence.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in order satisfactorily perform in this role.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing & communications or related area of study.
• 2+ years experience in a marketing & communications role successfully managing external communications, social media platforms and building/maintaining media relationships.
• Proven track record of implementing communications campaigns.
• Experience with web-based collaboration tools (Asana, Slack, Box Drive, Zoom, etc.) and web content management software like WordPress.
• Familiarity with global trends in corporate sustainability and ESG, reporting requirements, best practices and promotion tactics a plus.
• Strong and persuasive verbal and written skills (concise, impactful, compelling content).
• Experience in successfully contributing to strategies promoting content across a spectrum of channels.
• Experience in writing media content for promotions and events for media publication outlets
• Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
• Sharp attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with others within and outside the company
• Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Curious and passionate about sustainability, ESG, and impact (climate justice, human rights, sustainable products).
• Must be extremely organized, enthusiastic and flexible team player, who can work independently.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Genomatica is committed to providing exciting career opportunities in an environment that values trust, respect, openness, teamwork, creativity, enthusiasm, and diligence. We strive to create a culture that enables and encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are committed to be a company where everyone feels they have equal opportunity to reach their potential. Everyone is accepted and appreciated for who they are and what they bring to Genomatica.
We promote the continued development of an inclusive environment that values diversity through Geno4All, our employee led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee. We are looking for innovative, highly motivated, and collaborative people who enjoy the challenges and rewards of a company devoted to commercializing cutting-edge sustainable technology.
Check us out on our LinkedIn Life page. Genomatica is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz