Environmental Incentives designs performance‐driven approaches to conservation, aligning public and private sector objectives to create resilient water, land and wildlife resources. We are environmental thought leaders pioneering a new wave of conservation, helping people get the most from their investments in the environment. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor on natural resource programs and policies across the country and internationally. Environmental Incentives is a small but growing company with three offices across the US.
• Western Office (headquarters) ‐ South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Eastern Office ‐ Washington, DC
• Mountain Office ‐ Denver, CO
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist to join our team at our headquarters in South Lake Tahoe, CA. The Communications Specialist will work within the Company Health and Sustainability practice area, which aims to ensure a healthy company that achieves its mission by supporting its three client-facing practice areas. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer, but will work closely with practice area leads and technical staff. The Communications Specialist is expected to carry out duties independently with minimal to moderate guidance.
• Develop compelling messages and marketing materials related to Environmental Incentives’ practice areas, service lines and project accomplishments
• Manage and write content for the Environmental Incentives website, such as blog posts and webpage content, and ensure that the website reflects Environmental Incentives’ brand package
• Work closely with senior management to develop and implement a marketing strategy that coincides with Environmental Incentives’ business plan and annual strategies
• Develop a package of marketing materials that reflects Environmental Incentives’ brand package and supports sales
• Create templates for communications pieces that technical staff can draw from for project-related products
• Write press releases and solicit them to various news sources to promote Environmental Incentives’ work
• Produce content and oversee use of social media platforms to ensure that communications adhere to Environmental Incentives’ social media policy
• Provide graphic design support for various client-facing products, proposals and general outreach materials
• 3+ years’ experience with communications, marketing, public relations or similar fields of expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or other relevant field.
• Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and editing skills.
• Commitment to improving the environment, and ideally a demonstrated understanding of environmental issues and prominent actors and stakeholder groups in the environmental field.
• Ability to quickly and efficiently produce quality products.
• Graphic design skills desired, but not required.
• Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to oversee a project and manage workflow from start to finish across various staff, practice areas and offices.
• Advanced skills with Adobe and Microsoft Office applications.
• Easily adaptable to new work environments and receptive to a culture of open communication and feedback.
EI offers competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience and fit to position needs.