Natural Capital Partners has an opening for a Client Manager based in its Grand Rapids, Michigan office – candidates with exceptional experience and credentials from the Eastern or Western Coasts will be considered as well. Working as part of the business development team, the Client Manager is responsible for the retention and growth of client business. Working in close conjunction with the Business Development Managers, the Client Manager is responsible for helping clients access our services and solutions to ensure that they continue to generate value for their business.
Key to the role is leading the renewals process and appropriately leveraging internal resources to ensure successful outcomes. Working with the business development team the Client Manager will also assist with the creation and review of proposals and propositions, drawing on successful experiences with existing clients.
The position requires strong interpersonal communications and organizational skills, project management ability and attention to detail. We seek high levels of client satisfaction and referrals. The Client Manager has a key role to play in ensuring an in-depth knowledge of the installed client base, to retain clients and grow revenue.
• Develop a deep understanding of, and manage on a day-to-day basis, the installed client base ranging from assisting with building client sustainability programs, carbon emission reduction strategies and managing carbon footprint assessments
• Deliver excellent client service by helping clients leverage their programs with Natural Capital Partners to generate value for their business.
• Preparation of compelling, professional presentations and proposals
• Management of client data including environmental instrument inventories and reconciliations
• Manage the renewals process for clients from awareness through to contract and engagement services
• Development of client referral opportunities
• Client contact and communications via phone, email, social media and face to face interactions
• Liaise with all internal departments to manage resources to ensure delivery of excellent client service
• Account planning and administration, including updating our CRM system (Salesforce) and maintaining an accurate pipeline
What we are looking for
• Evidence of success in a client-facing role and B2B environment
• Experience of understanding client needs and translating those into action plans, and managing those to a successful delivery through collaboration with internal departments
• Communications skills using email, phone and face to face
• Product marketing and communications skills to match client requirements with what we have to offer
• Demonstration of strong sales/CRM process management backed up with disciplined time management and organisational ability, attention to detail and business administration skills
• Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions based on sound judgement and analytical techniques
• High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Commercially minded with a natural ability to work under pressure
• Consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Illustration of ability to think strategically about the client relationship, develop a thorough understanding of the client objectives, and experience of creating long term value for both the client and the business
• The ideal candidate will be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail. They will be solution driven, with a helpful temperament and have an ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Minimum undergraduate education, advanced degree a plus
• Experience of working in sales, client development and/or marketing related roles