The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about
The Chain of Custody (CoC) Coordinator will coordinate and manage the execution of RA-Cert CoC certification services for a subset of existing RA-Cert clients in the US and Canada. S/he will be directly involved in all aspects of CoC certification audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control. The CoC Coordinator will also be expected to participate in projects as an auditor.
- Under supervision of the CoC Associate, manage the execution of CoC audits in the US and Canada to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalize reports for approval;
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits;
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables
- In coordination with the CoC Associate, provide customer service to current and potential clients to include, but is not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use;
- Develop strong expertise in RA-Cert and FSC CoC policies and protocols;
- Act as primary point of contact in CoC client correspondence and responding to inquiries relating to CoC certification;
- Provide monthly expense and progress reports to the CoC Associate;
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
- Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other RA-Cert databases services);
- Provide certification administration services support for clients in the region;
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Forest Products, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or
related field preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience, preferably in forest product industry, forestry, paper and print industry or related field;
- Environmental management system auditor training experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Rainforest Alliance certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Willingness to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French preferred.
- Dual US and Canadian citizenship preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15594361
. Combine cover letter and resume as
one single document and upload.