Chain of Custody Consultant Auditor
Posted Sep 17
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
NEPCon is seeking a Chain of Custody Consultant Auditor for a remote opportunity to be based in Denver, CO. (Other locations may be considered).
Chain of Custody (CoC) Lead Auditors perform third-party audits according to NEPCON certification policies/procedures and the requirements of the applicable Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC®) and/or other environmental standards.
As part of the consultant responsibility, the consultant auditor is responsible for planning the audit site visit, including all travel arrangements, collecting and interpreting objective evidence, interviewing auditee staff and stakeholders as appropriate, and delivering an audit report based on audit findings after the on-site visit.
As representatives of NEPCON, contract auditors are expected to uphold the highest standards of quality, integrity and professionalism. Contractors are responsible to stay up-to-date on FSC standards and attend regular webinars that discuss auditing practicalities and standard requirements. Contractors are required to provide their own equipment and transportation.
Completion of assigned work deliverables within established timelines is essential.
Audits will be awarded and performed on a contract basis. Fees are based on an agreed upon daily rate and travel expenses are reimbursed according to formal agreement.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent education
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in the forest product industry, print industry, or related field;
• Previous auditing experience and/or ISO training preferred;
• Knowledge of FSC certification preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Strong skills in MS office, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet;
• Strong customer service skills;
• Must be able to work independently;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Willingness to travel (local and nationally)
• Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail;