ConSol is looking for an experienced and self-starter Business Development Manager to drive adoption of new consulting services. This is an exciting opportunity to own defining and executing ConSol business development strategy.
The ideal candidate possesses both a building industry background that enables them to drive engagement and interaction at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with developers, building scientists, and building product manufacturers. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Most important is your attitude and work ethic: we wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is eager to work and a fast starter.
· Bachelor's degree
· The right person will be technical and analytical, with a strong business sense
· Possess 5-10+ years of business development, consulting or program / product management experience
· Experience within and knowledge of the California residential building industry, or closely related field
· Demonstrated leadership and the inclination to be a self-starter
· Experience with account management (SMBs and Enterprises) and solution selling
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations including sales, marketing, business development, partners and training
· MBA or advanced degree
· Understanding of, and experience securing, investor owned utility (IOU) and government contracts
· An enthusiasm to use metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives
This position is located at our Sacramento, CA office (Ice Blocks on R Street, midtown)