The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norms. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program, and label for sustainable farming.
Working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Associate, Government Relations will support the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for bilateral and multilateral agencies including USAID, IDB, and GEF to secure revenue for the Rainforest Alliance’s international field work, with a focus on Latin America. Under the guidance of the Manager, s/he will take the lead on specific funding opportunities, working closely with Rainforest Alliance field staff to monitor priority funding opportunities, write strong project concepts, coordinate proposal development and ultimately submit high-quality proposals in a timely manner.
• With support from the Manager, lead the advancement of internal response to a set of priority funding opportunities internationally by coordinating with colleagues across the organization and ensuring opportunities proceed efficiently through the identification stage, confirmation of eligibility, work plan development, concept development, proposal development, and submission;
• Translate highly technical concepts into language appropriate to donor audience and work with field staff to compose competitive proposals that meet donor requirements and have a strong conceptual framework;
• Along with the Manager and in close coordination with the team, help to ensure the Institutional Relations team meets its yearly budgetary goals by submitting a significant volume of funding applications and assisting in the development and implementation of overall bilateral and multilateral funding strategy;
• Collaborate with colleagues on the Institutional Relations team who are based in New York, London, Jakarta, and the Netherlands to coordinate larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions;
• Work closely with Rainforest Alliance program and field staff to write, adapt and edit strong proposals in a relatively short turnaround time;
• Ensure donor database is kept up-to-date on funding opportunity details and donor engagement metrics;
• Act as a liaison between Rainforest Alliance’s U.S. staff, donor agencies and partner organizations;
• Engage regularly with contacts at key donor agencies to stay apprised of funding opportunities and identify shared priorities, particularly in areas where international development, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation intersect;
• Contribute to prospect research on new donor agencies for funding mechanisms from multilateral and governments, monitor key government websites and newsletters for open calls for proposals, and analyze and summarize potential opportunities for review by the team; and
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus;
• Minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience with evidence of securing large grants, preferably from bilateral/multilateral donors;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with written and oral Spanish language fluency required;
• Entrepreneurial and positive with the ability to stay focused and solution-oriented in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment;
• High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and able to work under tight deadlines;
• Self-motivated individual with a track record of achieving goals;
• Demonstrated an ability to work as part of an international and multi-cultural team;
• High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required;
• Experience with/knowledge of environmental conservation and community development issues and/or working and living in a foreign country preferred; and
• Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply?
Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/..._US&source=CC2
. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.