Location: Remote Capable
Reports To: US Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: FTE 1
Supervises: Communications Manager for Healthy Food in Health Care, Safer Chemicals, and Procurement, Communications Manager for U.S. Climate and Health and Communications Assistant
Posting Date: January 8, 2021
Closing Date: January 27, 2021, 12pm ET
Health Care Without Harm seeks to transform health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint and becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. We believe health care, as the only sector with healing as its mission, has an opportunity – and obligation – to use its ethical, economic, and political influence to create an ecologically sustainable, equitable and healthy world. Health Care Without Harm in the U.S. works to achieve its mission in collaboration with Practice Greenhealth, the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care that delivers environmental solutions to more than 1,100 members throughout the United States.
The Associate Director of Communications is responsible for developing and coordinating messaging, content, and deliverables across Health Care Without Harm U.S. and Practice Greenhealth. Reporting to the US Director of Communications, the Associate Director of Communications will manage three members of the communications team and work closely with staff across Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth to create impactful messaging that furthers the mission of our organizations.
1. Oversees the development and coordination of content across Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, and all of the organizations’ programs.
2. Working closely with the Director of Communications and communications managers, contributes to the development of communications strategies, including media relations, that support the goals of Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, and its programs.
3. Serves as organizations’ editor in chief, building the organizations’ content narrative and ensuring the organizations’ content strategies and standards are met.
4. Serves as project manager and creative lead for various campaigns, large projects, and time-sensitive opportunities from idea to execution.
• Supervise and support the production, editing, and publication of content across both organizations, including articles, blogs, op-eds, press releases, newsletters, reports, web content, emails, and any other materials. Provides final content approval on all materials.
• Build and manage the organization-wide editorial calendar for all deliverables, coordinate with program leads and communications team, and provide regular updates to staff.
• Represent content strategies and audience needs in the organizations’ planning process.
• Collaborate with the director of communications and communications managers in strategic planning and execution of communication projects and campaigns.
• Supervise the communications managers and communications assistant as well as work closely with and coach other content producers (staff and external consultants).
• Serve in a leadership role by supporting colleagues within the communications team and strategizing process improvements and solutions to capacity issues. Assign tasks and manage projects from concept to completion.
• Develop and execute a media relations strategy that amplifies and supports the work of Practice Greenhealth members, as well as work with the Director of Communications to strengthen and expand the organizations’ overall media relations strategy. Prepare and train staff to communicate with media.
• Ensure all messaging meets programmatic needs and falls within the organizations’ strategic communications framework.
• Manage the production of messaging, materials, and collateral for Practice Greenhealth members and prospects.
• Create, maintain, and internally promote process and content guides, such as the organizations’ editorial guide and guidance and templates for deliverables.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with all outside partners associated with communications, marketing, and PR activities.
• Communicate with colleagues through regular reporting, by email, phone, and occasional face-to-face meetings.
• All other duties as requested and needed to meet organizational goals.
• Minimum Education: BA or BS. Combined experience / education as substitute for minimum education
• Minimum Experience: 8 years
• Minimum Field of Expertise: Communications, marketing
• Preferred Education: BA or BS in communications and / or marketing preferred
• Preferred Experience: 7 years of communications and / or marketing in a health advocacy, public health, community and / or membership organization; communications experience amplifying voices of impacted individuals
• Preferred Field of Expertise: Membership / advocacy communications; experience in health care, sustainability and / or public health fields
JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Must be an exceptional writer who can produce high-quality content, meet deadlines, and provide deep editorial support to other content producers in the organizations.
• Ability to create highly effective messaging and campaign planning. Must be able to successfully communicate the mission and vision of Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth.
• Familiarity with current communications and social media trends in health care sustainability and the various issues we work on.
• Ability to frame and pitch stories to media.
What’s In It For You?
• Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring and your colleagues care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
• Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
• Be part of an inspirational global network.
• Fantastic benefits!
To Apply or Inquire
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to seeking and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. HCWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, you must include a cover letter and upload along with your resume to Lindsey Corey, U.S. Director of Communications, to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/...Communications
. Questions can be addressed to email@example.com
. Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. Closing date to submit applications/resumes/cover letters is on Wednesday, January 27th, 12pm ET.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz