The Role Associate
Location Washington, DC or Boulder, CO
About The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
More about REBA: https://www.youtube.com/...v=Vdp1DkG6Uow&t=11s
About the REBA Institute
The REBA Institute delivers transformational renewable energy research, thought leadership, and education to identify barriers, best practices, and solutions to today’s clean energy challenges.
This position will support a new project for the REBA Institute focused on non-financial impact areas of renewable energy procurement, which in 2021 will primarily focus on climate and greenhouse gasses. Other impact areas may include pollution, land use impacts, community engagement, biodiversity, economic development, and more. This is an exciting new area of work for REBA and we need a person who is excited to develop and drive this work.
REBA is seeking a person to build resources for the community of large-scale renewable energy buyers through stakeholder engagement, research, and identification of best practices. We are also seeking someone to deliver these resources and amplify them across the community.
• Build and execute a project plan for the work and ensure project deliverables stay on time and budget
• Identify and engage with stakeholders that have an interest in the project outcomes and goals
• Research (through interviews and article reviews) and develop written materials for the public to understand non-financial impact areas of renewable energy focused on achieving a zero-carbon energy future.
• Design and assist in facilitating innovative and impactful workshops, webinars, and meetings to gather and share best practices and tools and resources created as a part of this work.
• Support amplification “campaigns” to build a knowledge base about the opportunities that exist for impactful procurement processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree and 2 + years’ relevant experience or undergraduate degree and 5+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent professional experience
• Desired experience:
o Project management training or experience leading a project
o Multi-party stakeholder engagement
o Understanding of current corporate renewable energy procurement mechanisms
o Understanding of greenhouse gas (GHG) data tracking and accounting (ie: GHG protocol; grid emission factors; USEPA GPP)
• Knowledge of design, delivery and execution of resources, tools and platforms to provide guidance for organizations seeking to procure renewable energy is a plus.
REBA strives for pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance. REBA's Associate/Sr. Associate salary band is $68,000-$103,500 with a 5% bonus opportunity. We anticipate most candidates for this particular role to join REBA toward the beginning of the Associate range ($68,000 - $70,000) but more experienced professionals will be considered as well.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
• Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
• 401(k), with employer match
• Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Casual Work Environment
• Highly Flexible PTO
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
To apply, please see the Careers link at https://rebuyers.org/
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz