Assistant, Water & Food
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant position supports the Senior Director of the Water & Food Program. We seek an energetic, highly motivated, self-starter to play a critical administrative and programmatic support role, both internally and externally. The Assistant will be part of a team working with investors, companies and other NGOS to protect freshwater resources, eliminate agriculture-related deforestation and protect fisheries and marine habitat. This full-time position reports to the Senior Director and will be located in Boston, MA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the Senior Director of the Ceres Water & Food Program
• acting as a primary point of contact,
• prioritizing phone calls, correspondence, and meeting requests,
• ensuring follow-through of specific activities and projects to completion;
• Support the Senior Director and other senior Water & Food program staff on scheduling, and travel logistics
• Process Senior Director’s and other senior Water & Food program staff’s expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties;
• Support the Senior Director in setting agendas for weekly team meetings and monthly cross-departmental meetings, taking and disseminating meeting notes, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
• Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion;
• Assist in development and management of team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with the Senior Director and project leads;
• Support coordination, logistics, and management of team retreats, working closely with the Senior Director and project leads;
• Assist team in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects;
• Provide event support for Senior Director, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed;
• Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events;
• Travel to meetings and events, as required.
• Associate degree with 3 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor degree with minimum of one year of relevant work experience. In absence of either associate or bachelor degree, at least 5 years relevant work experience required.
• Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
• Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
• Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
• Knowledge of, or experience with, sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs, a plus.
• Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz