Assistant Director, Sustainability-Outreach and Engagement
Apply nowJob no: 501586
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Assistant Director Sustainability
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000 yr - $120,000. yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Works collaboratively with diverse administration, faculty, staff, and students to develop, coordinate, and implement projects that promote equity, improve the economy and protect the environment. Responsibilities include educating the college and community about sustainability, coordinating campus programming and activities related to sustainability, performing research about sustainability, and annual reporting depending on area of responsibility.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to provide guidance and leadership in planning the day-to-day activities of assigned work group. Able to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to implement/improve processes and procedures to meet the mission and goals of the institution or organization.
• Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to prioritize, plan and lead projects as assigned. Able to identify problems, generate multiple solutions and determine the best solution.
• Able to develop strong working relationships with team members, key stakeholders, internal and external constituents from diverse backgrounds to meet business needs. Able to provide guidance and support to employees to improve the value of the organization and create a positive work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment. Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment to meet priorities, organizational and/or customer needs. Must be able to plan, organize and schedule tasks effectively to achieve objectives while adhering to institutional and/or the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Ability to interface with diverse groups of individuals, internal/external to the organization, utilizing multiple methods of communication as appropriate to the audience. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and have high ethical standards. Knowledge and experience in providing exemplary customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three (3) years of related work experience. Official transcripts are required.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
The qualifications below are preferred based on area of responsibility. This position focuses on:
• Outreach and Engagement - Ability to produce sustainability events, conferences, webinars and other activities; plan and lead outreach and engagement activities such as student/employee clubs/committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact with students, employees, and faculty members to educate, encourage, and empower them to practice sustainability and resilience in their personal and professional lives.
• Recruit students, employees, and community members to take part in sustainability events and activities.
• Seek sustainability /resilience/agricultural employment opportunities for Dallas College students in the local community, connecting students with jobs while developing the local economy.
• Develop and present content for sustainability workshops, webinars and training opportunities for students, employees, and community members.
• Collaborate with stakeholders from other college departments to design, implement and monitor sustainability projects that help Dallas College meet its goals and objectives.
• Seek and coordinate external funding opportunities.
• Identify, evaluate, and suggest beneficial partnership opportunities and resources.
• Work closely with marketing and social media colleagues to promote student and community activities and training. Responsible for project and event management.
• Collaborate closely with the other assistant directors in the department to implement sustainability projects.
• Serves on campus committees as assigned and attends meetings with external organizations to represent Dallas College on sustainability issues. May require public speaking.
• Evaluates, tracks, and reports progress on sustainability projects.
• Manages student interns; manages a budget.
• Must utilize excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to interact effectively with diverse multicultural individuals within the Dallas College community network.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 06 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz