Apex Clean Energy seeks an Application Engineer to join a technologically advanced team, focusing on innovation and delivery of critical applications and dashboards to foster business solutions and solve specific business challenges.
Reporting to the Manager of Analytics and Systems Engineering within our Technology and Energy Team, you will be the main developer responsible for designing, developing, and implementing applications and programs that interface with the data warehouse. You will work closely with project teams and stakeholders across Apex in support of development and implementations activities including requirements gathering, system design and architecture, and deployment of applications. You will be responsible for then providing applications and dashboards using a combination of tools and programming languages that perform data extraction and data modeling. Ongoing operational support of ETL and data integration jobs are also an important task of this position comprised of scheduling, monitoring and troubleshooting to maintain optimal health of the environments.
The Application Engineer serves as diagnostician and solution provider for data, information and business process-related analysis. We look to this role for technical expertise in specific data domains and incorporating data governance into daily activities. This role is responsible for providing expertise in the
integration of data, insights, trends and solution recommendations. You will enable data driven decisions for your respective domain and partner with other analysts to extract, interpret, and perform advanced analytics.
Hours: Full Time
Department: Energy and Technology
• Design and develop applications interfacing with the data warehouse (e.g., Power Apps and Power BI dashboards) that effectively accomplish objectives and needs
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define business logic for source-to-target mappings and integration workflows.
• Design and develop data extraction SQL queries that are highly optimized for very large data sets.
• Analyze and edit existing applications to improve functionality
• Remodel and adapt applications as needed to optimize performance
• Assisting in production support by resolving source data issues and refining transformation rules when needed.
• Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free
• Maintain application database
• Support the maintenance of the existing data warehouses and facilitate aggregation, slicing and dicing of data using dbt.
• Creating and maintaining the company data dictionary as well as technical documentation for source-to-target mapping.
• Support the management and maintenance of ETL processes
• Follow current trends, their impact on business strategies, and their implications for creating sustainable data warehouse architecture.
• Analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment as well as future functionality and enhancements
• Work closely and collaborate with various cross functional teams to identify, troubleshoot and fix data issues, and resolve data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business’s functional requirements
• Work collaboratively with team members and customers to gather and validate requirements as well as deliver features/enhancements
• Collaborate with architects, team leads and team members to architect and design solutions to meet functional and technical requirements
• Troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions
To succeed as an Application Engineer at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
• At least two years of related experience with complex/large data management
• At least two years of relevant application engineering or development experience
• At least two years of working collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams with an end goal of solving business challenges
• Extensive knowledge of Python and SQL
• Demonstrable project management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong quantitative skills
• Critical, analytical, and driven
• Thrives in a fast-paced rapidly evolving work environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed
• Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
• Familiar with ETL tools for database / warehouse development. Experience with Azure, preferred.
• Experience in all aspects of project development life cycle such as identifying requirements, design, feasibility analysis, allocating timelines, task prioritization, development, performance, best practices and testing.
• Experience supporting a data warehouse environment, reporting, data integration jobs and job schedules.
• Experience performing analysis and reporting from the data warehouse, ideally using PowerBI
• Experience setting up data access and visualization tools and systems for non-technical users
• Prior experience with renewable energy and/or SCADA a plus.
• Interest/passion for renewable energy required.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz