Are you an early or mid-career sustainability communications pro ready for a career stretch and a chance to run with the ball and put your mark on a growing communications firm? Are you ready to take advantage of a new ecosystem of “work” that honors adaptability of the virtual workplace but also offers a modern, sun-filled space to physically “office” safely, when needed, to join with colleagues for the creative, unscripted parts of the work day that make us all human?
Our small but mighty public relations firm is seeking a mature, kind, proactive, detail-oriented, enthusiastic Account Director/Senior Account Director who will turn the corner with us as we embark on a new chapter for our growing business which specializes in sustainability and CSR communications and public relations programs for corporations, nonprofits, and NGOs.
We offer a nimble entrepreneurial environment — where audacious ideas are the norm, excellence isn’t an afterthought, and fun is encouraged to make a daily appearance.
We’re seeking a team player who doesn’t want to settle for just any job and is instead ready to dig in, learn the secrets of our success while serving as the right hand for agency leadership with an eye toward ever progressive responsibility and sharing in the spoils as our business flourishes.
You must enjoy diversity of assignments and be able to manage multiple priorities. Experience in or a passion for sustainability and CSR issues is desirable and a plus. Public Relations agency or in-house corporate experience is preferred.
Detailed Job Description
• Serve as day-to-day client contact and account manager across multiple client relationships.
• Lead/participate in development of strategic communications plans and brainstorms, creatively and fearlessly pushing the agency toward new ideas and approaches.
• Deliver client-ready communications content and products.
• Manage interns and contractor relationships and their work to ensure delivery of high quality products.
• Contribute to the operational management and marketing of the agency.
• Lead/participate in new business development and help grow new capabilities for the agency.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 5-7 years of in-house or agency experience.
• Demonstrated tactical proficiency in writing, content development, traditional and digital media, project management, presentation development, and other industry competencies.
• High fluency in Microsoft Office products is a must.
• Ability to find and master new technology and tools to help service client needs.
• Can-do spirit.
• Demonstrated business etiquette in both meetings and written client communications.
What We Offer
• 100 percent health insurance coverage for each employee.
• Generous paid time off.
• Flexible work schedule that’s adaptable to your needs and preferences.
• Collaborative culture that recognizes — and rewards —contributions to our success.
• Beautiful, newly-renovated office in the heart of Georgetown, 2 blocks from WMATA bus line.