The Food Waste Retail Program Manager will lead work efforts within grocery retail and food service retail industries and individual companies to set science based and data driven goals, focused on preventing food waste and increasing food recovery efforts. The position will work directly with the current Food Waste Program Director and the Food Waste Program Manager and will oversee all domestic and international partnership efforts on the food retailing industry. This position will support the data collection and analysis efforts from pilot interventions with private & public-sector partners that attempt to find food waste prevention best practices.
• Lead retail and food service programmatic work streams for US domestic food waste program projects;
• Analyze data from multiple sources including food costs, sales data (POS), waste disposal composting, anaerobic digestion, and weights & measures from food waste pilot programs;
• Organize and coordinate data collection with demonstration projects in the field with merchandising teams (retail) and with culinary and operation teams within food service (restaurants);
• Create retail and food service analytics and reports for the Food Waste team and provide insights and analysis;
• Data entry, analysis, data visualization and management (Excel MS, Tableau, Power Bi);
• Capable of creating presentations and synthesize results for multiple audiences including internal WWF senior leadership and with external stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred
• 8+ years of relevant experience as defined below
• Proven experience leading teams and managing large multi-stakeholder projects;
• Must have strong experience working in food retailing (grocery retail). Experience in restaurant food service also preferred.
• Must have strong proficiency in leading data analysis projects using MS Excel, data management best practices, and data visualization tools;
• Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to work productively on independent research, data collection and analysis assignments and as part of a team;
• Demonstrated familiarity with the environmental impacts of food waste, greenhouse gas accounting principles, and the World Resources Institute's reporting protocols and standards, specifically the Food Loss and Waste Standard strongly preferred
• Strong research, statistical, analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail are obligatory;
• Experience with Green House Gas accounting methodology and/or reporting preferred;
• Tableau or equivalent experience preferred;
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nhy9rc4qdbz6v3g3
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz