World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Manager to lead our Plastics Platform at our Washington, DC office.
This role will be responsible for driving the global No Plastic in Nature strategy for the WWF US office, from the organization's Sustainability Research and Development (SR&D) team. They will work closely with research teams to develop criteria for engagement with businesses and strategies for the approach to each company and relationship management and expansion. They will lead and supervise the operational aspects of business partnerships, ensuring compliance with agreements and targets specified. S/he will be responsible for launching and leading the plastic global corporate platform, supporting research team deliverables, program management and communications tasks related to the Private Sector Engagement team's goals with a specific focus on collaborations supporting WWF's goals and the WWF network.
1. Facilitates corporate engagement multi stakeholder platform for plastics from launch to ongoing operation. This includes the global role out to the WWF Network plus alignment with external stakeholder platforms such as Ocean Conservancy Trash Free Seas Alliance and global commitment platforms like Ellen MacArthur Foundation, G7/G20 and the UN Environment.
2. Coordinates with the WWF Network, WWF Global Initiatives, and Markets leaders in network offices to facilitate global, transnational partnerships with the private sector.
3. Maintain knowledge of issues and trends so as to serve as a resource to WWF partners and campaigns. Provide technical support to business partners and the WWF Network on Sustainability R&D work.
4. Support other SR&D led multi-stakeholder engagements.
5. Represent WWF-US and make presentations at national and international meetings, workshops, and other relevant fora.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• A graduate degree in a relevant field is required (plastics, sustainability, development and waste management exp preferred). At least 8 years of relevant work experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and multiple donor budgets. International work and consulting, and program management experience are strongly preferred.
• Strong persuasive communicator, in person and in writing.
• Solid understanding of the WWF Network presence, structure and history.
• Must be comfortable speaking in public and with media.
• Strong business analytical skills.
• Strong diplomatic, political, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience of working with different cultures.
• Proven management experience with global teams.
• Ability to work with business leaders and decision makers.
• Ability to build and manage teams in a fluid environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
• Ability to develop and mentor junior staff.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page(https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs
), Requisition #19060
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on GreenBiz